Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #11

We've been dealing with Lynn for the past 2 weeks on our SMB and i have nothing but good to say. She helped and emailed me back very fast with answers. She gave me the contact # of the seller so i could arrange my own test drive. Im not aware that SMB is making any money on the deal since im paying the private owner directly and i have negotiated with the seller directly.

2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
Yup. She's very helpful and even after the sale, everyone there seemed to bend over backward to give you what you need.
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #13

Sellers pay $1,000 (at least last year) to have them post it to the site and help with the sell.
steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #14
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrray
Yup. She's very helpful and even after the sale, everyone there seemed to bend over backward to give you what you need.
Yup, I agree.

Without Lynn, I wouldn't have acquired my "keeper". She locked it in for me.

For new buyers:
If you really want one(SMB) and it's "The One", then you pretty much need to have your finance lined up (cash in hand) to be first in line.

There are alot more SMB's to choose from today compared to back then but I think it still applies if your looking for a particular configuration.

I had like 5 people behind me making counteroffers over the phone while I traveled to buy my used low miles Granny owned sportsmobile; with Lynn's arrangment and my cashier check; it was the only thing that trumped.

I have still yet to see one come up for sale on Sportsmobile's site that matches the mods and configuration I'm happy with. Maybe one.. but not two.
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #15

Having just sold mine thru SMB West I can tell you how it works. You pay $200 up front to list and you need to have good photos and complete description. Lynn screens buyers for serious potential then gives them your contact info. Upon completion of the sale you need to pay the balance due of $800. Lynn is a sweetheart and very helpful with the process. It helped me that I have met Lynn many times at the factory and three rallies, and that she was quite familier with my van, although I would guess she treats everyone the same.

Alan Ace Brown
Deadwood SD