Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #21

Re: East Coast SMB Wanted

Here is our Van. Somewhere in Texas on the long road trip from CA to GA and we made it

Old 10-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #22

Garage

congrats on the new van!

funny how you never find what your looking for in your area. after being a slave to cl, ebay, ksl, and the net in general for 6 months, we bought our van in georgia and drove it back to idaho, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
congrats on the new van!

funny how you never find what your looking for in your area. after being a slave to cl, ebay, ksl, and the net in general for 6 months, we bought our van in georgia and drove it back to idaho, lol.
You got to be kidding me! We think there is only like 4 of them in Georgia. Now that is funny. When was that?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #24

Garage

this was november of 2012. flew to atlanta and met up with a guy id been talking to online for 10 years. he offered to take us to augusta since we had a 4 hour layover. picked up van, drove back to his place and did some quick work to make it a little more user friendly for the drive home and off we drove about 11pm. drove straight through to denver (with the help of some 5 hour energys, lol). ended up staying with some family in evergreen for a few days including thanksgiving, then finished the drive to idaho.

the real kicker was finding out that someone else had bought our sister van (south carolina electic and gas had made at least 2 of the same vans, quigley 7.3 cargos) for half of what we paid for ours AND got the winch and high end power inverter that my van also had before dealership removed them my 6th grade teacher always said, win some, lose a lot.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 10-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #25

Quote:
this was november of 2012. flew to atlanta and met up with a guy id been talking to online for 10 years. he offered to take us to augusta since we had a 4 hour layover. picked up van, drove back to his place and did some quick work to make it a little more user friendly for the drive home and off we drove about 11pm. drove straight through to denver (with the help of some 5 hour energys, lol). ended up staying with some family in evergreen for a few days including thanksgiving, then finished the drive to idaho.

the real kicker was finding out that someone else had bought our sister van (south carolina electic and gas had made at least 2 of the same vans, quigley 7.3 cargos) for half of what we paid for ours AND got the winch and high end power inverter that my van also had before dealership removed them my 6th grade teacher always said, win some, lose a lot.
We for sure did not buy Honda We would not have to travel 2000 miles than.

It is amazing how these sell - this was our #3 choice. Had a contract written on one, verbal yes on other and both of them were snatch from under our toes being in GA and they were on West coast. I saw only one for sale in Florida, but we were to late also.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #26

Garage

it is amazing to me as well. thats why i posted up. i see people driving all over to get a van for themselves, then seems like no time later, i see a van for sale where they just went and someone local to them travels and does the exact opposite journey. just seems to never end, lol. its a vicious circle

enjoy your new rig. looks like a nice setup
Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #27

Congrats! I'm glad you guys found something that met a lot of your requests and were able to finalize a deal!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBUNCH
Quote:
congrats on the new van!

You got to be kidding me! We think there is only like 4 of them in Georgia. Now that is funny. When was that?
Hi,

Must have been 5 in Georgia because I bought one there 3 years ago. Small world...

Regards,

Gavin
Old 10-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pntyrmvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBUNCH
Quote:
congrats on the new van!

Hi,

Must have been 5 in Georgia because I bought one there 3 years ago. Small world...

Regards,

Gavin
That's funny. It is amazing how this works, right? Well for what is worth now there is one more in Georgia!