Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2017, 10:36 PM   #1

EB-50 Interior for sale

What:
Complete EB-50 interior, from the just behind the drivers seats back, from a 2006 SMB west conversion. Cabinets are light tan, fabric is brown tweed like thing.

Included:
Sofa, cabinets, sink, countertop, fridge, door cabinet (I’ll miss this), porta pottie (and cover [never used]), water tank, water pump, fuse box, most lights, rear bed, pillows, shower, SMB portable table, window shades.

Not included:
Inverter, batteries, battery combiner, solar controller, espar heater, floor covering, penthouse, penthouse bed (maybe….), some of the LED lights, the basic door panels, anything originally from Ford.

Condition:
Well, it is 10 years old, so there is some wear and tear, the side door shades are coming off their tracks, the porta potty cabinet hinges sag, the freezer hinge spring is broken.

Why:
We are remodeling the van, I have two kids and the sofa in the EB-50 is way too far back to travel comfortably, they can’t see outside, you have to yell back, etc. The EB-50 layout is great for a couple, where you have a ‘driving space’ and a ‘camping space’ but it isn’t working for us anymore. I have a pair of Sienna seats that are going to in once the interior is removed, then we are going to experiment with some lower bed options, but probably have a center aisle.

How much:
So, this is variable, based on how much work I have to do to make the transfer. I’d like $4,000, but I am open to offers. The best way would be that you park your van next to mine, and you move parts from one to the other in a couple of days. Worst (like, not gonna happen) is I pull it out and arrange to ship it to you. We’re in El Cajon, east of San Diego, and have a driveway that you could work in for a couple of days. And maybe hit Aluminess and Agile off-road while you are in the area.

I’m at tadg at pobox.com or 619 787 7311 for question or photos.

tadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #2

Garage
I am interested in the cabinet that is mounted to the side cargo door. If you would sell that separately please PM me. If not, I do understand.

Thanks

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 PM   #3

The only thing I'd be interested in is the rear door panels, but it sounds like you're keeping those.

Good call on the floor plan change. I have a 1 and 3 year old. We rented an eb-50 and it was quickly apparently that it wasn't going to work for us. Too hard to communicate, kids couldn't see anything, and we had to shuffle (and store!) two car seats to make the bed. We have four Sienna captain's chairs. You'll love it, so will the kids.
Brianjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #4

The onslaught of folks wanting you to part it has begun. And I don't blame them. I'd like a door galley too! I agree with selling as a package deal if you can, but you may want to reconsider vans side-by-side for transfer. This could take days if there is ANY rust anywhere on either van. If you're pulling it, I'd pull it. Sit it all in your garage, take a pic, and have someone come pick it up. Otherwise, you're talking about a serious time investment.

Please take my opinion lightly, it's just that. I've taken apart many SMB and van interiors and they come apart fairly easily, especially with a helper to lay under the van and hold wrenches/sockets while someone else works inside. It's the going back in that takes time. Nothing ever lines up quite like it did in the factory, even in the exact same van. Plus, lots of time drilling holes in the floor/walls, etc. for cabinet brackets and this and that. Measure 5 times, drill once. Or hit fuel lines, tanks, AC lines, etc.

Another real time saver is to get some pieces of cardboard and press each screw/bolt, fastener into the cardboard as you dismantle and write on the cardboard what it's for, making it very easy for the installer to figure out. If the buyer has any idea what he's getting into, this will be a huge selling point in and of itself.

Good luck! Personally I'd just sell the EB50 and buy another van.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #5
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I would have to agree with 86Scotty as I think you'll be able to get more money, when and if you ever sell, for an intact complete SMB conversion. On the flip side if faced with he same dilemma, I would have a hard time selling ours with all the work/upgrades made over the years, even if we needed a different layout. If you're not emotionally attached to your current rig and haven't put a bunch of extras in, maybe take a look around to see if you can find something that suits your needs, a transformer perhaps or even starting from scratch with a clean passenger or cargo van, essentially, that's what you'll end up with plus the 4X4 once the SMB interior is taken out anyway. If you sell, you'll have a good chunk o change to spend making something your own, plenty of up fitters around. Good luck!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #6

PM just sent...

Thanks!

BC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
surf92lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #7

If somebody wants the entire interior, I'm not going to let the rear door panels be a deal breaker, I'm trying to limit the stuff I need to immediately turn around and re-do.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianjwilson View Post
The only thing I'd be interested in is the rear door panels, but it sounds like you're keeping those.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #8

I just gutted my EB50 and just about nothing survived or is re-usable. Yours certainly looks like its in better shape so it should hold together. I'll echo 86scotty, take your time, get an extra person to hold wrenches underneath and especially to lift the cabinets out, that fibreboard is brittle stuff if you don't lift it out evenly.
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #9

We’ve talked a lot about getting a new van, but this is long since paid for, and swapping the interior seems to be the cheapest and quickest way to make it more useful to us as a family. If I was starting over, I would probably do an agile conversion and a ccv poptop, but those companies didn’t exist when we bought this one. Or do a factory 4wd sprinter, and trade a little off-road performance for better on-road performance, (if you want to trade a 4wd sprinter for this, let me know)

Our timeframe is really open, I want to have something done by mid summer for our August eclipse road trip to Yellowstone and Idaho Sawtooth mountains. I figure that once the interior is out, I can install the Sienna seats and make a platform bed in back and we are totally usable for weekend camping while we make some cabinet mockups and such.

Then make a side couch / bed on the passenger side and some cabinets along the driver side rear. Loosing the kitchen door box will be the hardest to deal with, we always cook outside and having that storage that is accessible from inside and outside is really nice. I’m going to try a table that mounts to the side of van as a replacement, and do an exterior shower wand there as a water source.

I did update the original post to include the original SMB portable table, and not include the espar heater, and make the price a little more realistic.

Tad
Old 02-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadg View Post
If I was starting over, I would probably do an agile conversion and a ccv poptop, but those companies didn’t exist when we bought this one.
I guess it depends on what your current van is, but Agile is $15k, CCV is ~8k, plus a nice used van.

Your van, as a 4x4 '50' in seemingly good condition should be worth at least $40k, and on up from there.

I would seriously consider selling and replacing, you might even end up with some money in your pocket.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eb50