Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #1

Econoline interior van parts

Hell all,
I am new to this and have been following lots of post and learning. I am in need of a place to buy some parts. These are the small thing that drive us all nuts and I have looked everywhere. Need help finding.
1. The metal clips that go on the back of this panel. I had to take my door panel off and lost it.
2. While taking the door panel off, I broke the plastic clip that holds the control panel on. Needing another control panel.
3. The overhead light is a light that is auto turn on with door. Is there a replacement one that has a manual override.

Thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
367E0E58-B659-4C11-9FBC-660AFE0D2F43.jpg   D58234FE-D6C1-4C01-B480-402E846CD126.jpg   63EE6225-AD80-47BA-B6D0-BE1B2BC10E87.jpg   139B9A34-96AA-4748-9772-90431192F8AE.jpg  

Captian K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #2

Currently am in very nearly exactly the same predicament- First time I took the window switch cover out, I didn't realize how they popped out, and I broke the tab off the first one and the one ont he passenger side was so brittle that when I took it out I ended up snapping that one unintentionally as well.

Everyone on Ebay wants about $50/ea for those pieces... Best bet is to go to a local scrap yard and ask if they have vans around, that's what I am planning on doing. If the scrap yards don't have these, at times you can find people parting out vans... but you have to be really quick to get the parts you want... chances say someone else wants the same parts.

What I have done in the interim is cut up a painters stick and epoxied it on as temporary. The fit isn't immaculate, but it doesn't pop out by itself, either.

About the overhead light that turns on with the door- YES, there are other types of lights. I have one in the "trunk" area of my van that looks like the spitting image of that, except it has an "on/off/door" switch. It seems like it was OEM. There are also the "reading lights" that have the on/off/door positions (they rotate, its not a physical switch) that would likely accomplish the same thing.

While you're contemplating the doors... I've been thinking about changing to 2009+ doors myself. The switches are different, but I believe the interior door panels match up exactly, so you can fit the new interior on older vans. Personally, I like the aesthetics and practical storage on the newer door panels, and as soon as I can get my hands on a pair of interior panels, I will be swapping them.

Even if you cannot get the switches, there was a user on here (Very recently) that did a DIY with old switches that turned out very nice looking.

I'll see if I can't find the thread and link it here in a minute.
Here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ics-23694.html
Old 04-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Find a local pick-and-pull junkyard and you’ll find all the interior parts you’ll need. E-vans are really common in my experience.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #4

I picked up the exact driver's side switch panel you're looking for at my local pick n pull last week for less than $5.

The same donor van had the side mirror interior panel you're looking for.

It was my first trip but I'll definitely go back. It's like a giant toy store for vans, and everything is on sale..
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:50 AM   #5

Pick N Pulls in bigger cities, or rather near big cities, have better selections of vans. They're quickly being retired but the more schools, airports and various shuttles in bigger cities contribute to more vans in the local pick n pulls there.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
I picked up the exact driver's side switch panel you're looking for at my local pick n pull last week for less than $5.

The same donor van had the side mirror interior panel you're looking for.

It was my first trip but I'll definitely go back. It's like a giant toy store for vans, and everything is on sale..

As someone who is very shortly going to be back "home" (Oakland), any particular yards you have been to that have a good selection of hard to find odds and ends?

Tempted to try and find some '09+ Door panels, seems like all of the wrecked Econolines listed for part-out are out east of Sacramento, and I know there has to be adequately stocked yards that aren't a 200 mile round trip...
Old 04-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #7

I went to the Pick n Pull in Windsor but the Bay Area PnPs like Richmond always seem to have more vans in inventory. Just go to picknpull.com to check.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote