Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #1

For Sale: 1991 VW Syncro Westfalia 4WD Full Camper Van

1991 Syncro Westy Full Camper in Awesome Shape with 2.5L Subaru Engine

Price: $59,500

This is it – a rare, beautiful, all-wheel-drive 1991 VW Vanagon Syncro Westfalia full camper in awesome shape with a 2.5L Subaru engine. Professionally maintained with all service records. Includes many upgrades. It handles well and runs perfectly -- ready for expedition travel.

Highlights:
=> 2.5L Subaru engine with 42,300 miles (stronger, more reliable, and better mileage than the stock VW engine; professionally installed as a brand new short block with zero miles; carries the van up mountain passes with ease)
=> Front locking differential (rare, awesome for 4x4’ing)
=> 16” CV-900 wheels, Small Car springs, OME shocks
=> Audi big front brakes
=> South African front grill with high power headlights
=> Propex heater
=> Fiamma F45 awning
=> Fiamma bike and ski rack

Other upgrades include: smoked turn signals, fog lights, dash gauges, white SmallCar gauge faceplates, shifter extension, leather steering wheel wrap, Eclipse sun shade, thermal and sound insulation, double propane tanks, two auxiliary batteries (near new), rear shoulder belt, child seat tether attachment point, Nokian Hakkapeliitta WRC Van tires (w/ 16k miles; good for snow and year round), South African mud flaps, heavy duty SA rear drum brakes, upgraded sound system with larger speakers and tweeters, keyless entry, top of roof painted white for cooler temps, and Yakima mounts for a roof rack.

Recent work: rebuilt Syncro transmission (Arizona Transaxle, shifting smooth with 3500 miles), new clutch, new muffler and catalytic converter, new windshield, and new skylight. Many other components have been replaced as needed or for regular maintenance.

The van itself has 176,600 miles. Clean title. No dents. No accidents. The van is clean and runs well.

This is an original factory 1991 Syncro Westy full camper – not a Syncro converted to a camper or a Westy converted to a Syncro – with all of the late-model options: all-wheel drive with viscous coupler in good shape; rear differential lock; full skid plates; manual transmission with the low “granny” gear; power windows, door locks, and mirrors; cruise control (works great); original sink and stove (with fridge cabinet converted to shelves; we chose to use a better, portable fridge); comfortable interior (in excellent shape); all original curtains, tables, and screens in good shape; poptop sleeps 2 upstairs; bench seat folds down to sleep 2 downstairs; intermittent wipers; rear windshield defrost; swiveling captains chairs; original front and rear heaters; original manuals; original paint; and lots of clearance. Everything works and the van handles highways as well as 4x4 roads with confidence.

This is one of the nicest Syncro Westies in the country, and is ready for adventure.

Questions? Please email Bill at syncrowestyforsale@gmail.com.
Attached Thumbnails
01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg   05.jpg  

yelnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #2

Wow, this #vanlife pricing is making me wonder if I should put mine on the market :P

Heck of a clean Westy!
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #3

This is pretty much the "Holy Grail" for Vanagon Westy lovers. 1991 was the last year the Vanagons were available in the USA, and a Syncro Vanagon Westy from that year is truly a rare sighting. Not to mention that it has a Subaru engine upgrade and rust-free. $60k is a lot, but I'm sure it will sell quickly due to its rarity and good condition.

I had an 88 Vanagon Westy in the same color, but sadly only 2WD.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #4

If I had 60k to burn right now I would jump at this rig. Really nice van and from what I've seen priced pretty fair. Gowesty is currently back logged and I haven't seen one of these vans look this nice in at least a year. I'm sure this thing will sell.
CaptainVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #5

for sale

sent you a PM. give me a call
Old 05-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #6

The price of the van has been lowered to $57,000. If interested, please email syncrowestyforsale@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 06-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #7

The price of the van has been lowered to $54,000. If interested, please email syncrowestyforsale@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 06-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #8

!!!

Tags
syncro, vanagon, volkswagen, westfalia, westie