Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #11

Garage
To MSD

Sorry about that, bud. You caught me in the middle of a fairly tedious entry process. Hope you found the answer. I just don't know. And I certainly don't know as much as many of you guys on the forum.

boswellbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #12

I’m not in the market for a van like this, but if I were this is the exact type of seller I’d be looking to buy from. Great detail and photos, obviously a lot of thought put into everything done to the van, etc. Always better to buy from the original owner that knows the history! Cool van. Good luck with the sale. Being a hardtop 4x4 cuts into the value a bit vs a pop-top, but some would prefer it. I think this should go for a decent premium given the 7.3, low miles, thoughtful build, etc. And it’s not white!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
I’m not in the market for a van like this, but if I were this is the exact type of seller I’d be looking to buy from. Great detail and photos, obviously a lot of thought put into everything done to the van, etc. Always better to buy from the original owner that knows the history! Cool van. Good luck with the sale. Being a hardtop 4x4 cuts into the value a bit vs a pop-top, but some would prefer it. I think this should go for a decent premium given the 7.3, low miles, thoughtful build, etc. And it’s not white!
Yep!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #14

Garage
Very cool rig, do you have any more info on that big roof window you installed? Its pretty cool for stargazing, does it also open up to exit or let fresh air in? I would love to look into adding one to my top if you have any info on the manufacturer etc, Does it stick pretty far up on the rooftop though, it looks like it may in the pics but its hard to tell. Lastly is the voyager top kinda convex? my Super Mega hardtop is and that's the only issue I would see trying to get a flat window that size to seal properly.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #15

That is a nice van and the stargazing window a nice touch. I slept up in my old van’s voyager top bed and the window would have been really neat. Van seems loaded with low miles. I would say ask mid to high 40s, if not low 50s, and see what happens. Might be just the right van for someone. Good luck with the sale!
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #16

Garage
I can't recall the name of the company; a boat supply place out of Canada. It's not actually a window; it's the foredeck hatch from a large sailboat. Opens, closes, does all that stuff.

The Voyage top is indeed convex and installing a flat deck hatch was indeed a b**tch. After several false starts (including one boat builder who tried to use wood) I finally found a superb body guy who had the imagination to figure out what I was after - and built a really stout aluminum frame to put it in. The average body shop, and even some above average, simply stared at it like deer in the headlights.

Of course, that's true with body shops, Ford dealers, the average mechanic, etc. when you are working with these vans. Everyone looks at them in awe, but can't figure out how anyone can do whatever it is that's been done. Probably the most frustrating thing about ownership, learning how many people are totally in the box.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #17

Garage
Price estimate

Well, if the consensus turns out to be mid to high 40s, or even 50s, it looks like I'll be keeping the van.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswellbear View Post
Well, if the consensus turns out to be mid to high 40s, or even 50s, it looks like I'll be keeping the van.
Get a couple more opinions I could be way off. I sold my 2000 7.3 that was similar to yours but not as loaded for mid 40s a few years ago. That is where I got a ballpark number idea from. Ask what you want and come down if needed. It only takes that one person that wants a van with the 7.3 and well-outfitted like yours to pay up.

Maybe 86Scotty and Broncohauler can chime in....
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #19
Site Team

I think the other one on the market right now is a good comp. Different motor and naturally some differences, but in the same zip code.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...0-a-23147.html

Herb
Old 01-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #20

Yeah, I’d say $50s somewhere.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote