Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #1

For sale! 2004 4x4 EB Diesel, BulletProofed, Loaded and clean in Santa Cruz, CA!

Located in Santa Cruz, CA. Not fully ready to let it go for another couple weeks, as I would like to get it detailed for the new buyer, but wanted to put some feelers out on it...please help with any typos or confusing parts of the description! Not listed anywhere yet! I wasn't familiar with "tags", so I didn't apply any in the thread. See a meager 2 pics at bottom! If you go to my profile and see pics, they are old, before the van got 2 more inches of lift and 35s - among other things, but you get the idea!

2004 Ford extended body E-350 White Feather 4x4, 6.0 Diesel w/46 gallon tank and 84,000 original miles, completely rebuilt with ARP studs and full “BulletProof” package, upgraded turbo and more - work completed in 2013 at 59K miles by Devil Mountain Diesel in Walnut Creek - epic ever since! Full floating rear axle with 4:10 gears on 35” Toyo tires with extensive suspension work, for a much tamer feel than you’d expect. It in great mechanical order and has been meticulously maintained. Shifts tight and strong. No rust or water intrusions, non-smoker. In my opinion, this is the strongest and most dependable 6.0L van on the road (yes, that’s a challenge!) and gets 14-17 MPG, while weighing in at 9600 lbs. This van has the best turning radius of all of the 4x4 conversions and uses all Ford parts and a Dana 60 front axle. Craig at White Feather would be happy to give you the run-down on my van and Jason at Devil Mountain Diesel as well.

The body is a 9.5/10 and straight as an arrow, looks amazing for the year. Custom and functional interior that sleeps 5 with high end audio and a back-up camera. Enormous pile of original receipts, full history of the van is documented. I am 2nd owner and have put tens of thousands into it over the past 7 years and I understand this vehicle well. It is is not a Sportsmobile or a Quigley and frankly, drives like a completely different machine. I would fill it up tomorrow and drive to Patagonia if I could.

I’m selling to accommodate our growing family. The van has been time-tested since the rebuild and should be reliable for many more years of adventures to just about anywhere you can dream taking it. If you’re serious, you will just have to come see it and drive it to appreciate it. I won’t entertain the whole haggling-by-phone conversation. Located in Santa Cruz, CA, waiting for the right buyer.

Listed for $49,500, not interested in trades. Details below!

Exterior........................

Toyo Open Country A/T II 35X12.50R17 Tires new at 74,730 miles ($2,829.05), including full-size spare on 17” matte black wheels new 2016 and rotated/aligned July 2017.
Custom steel front bumper (rhino-lined) with brush and grille guards integrated LED light bar and fog lights.
Bumper-integrated Warn XD9000i winch (operational, used twice, manual included).
Custom rear bumper (rhino-lined) with swing away tire carrier and swing away dual jerry-can holder and integrated locking storage boxes (keys!) for tools and supplies. The bumpers get a TON of compliments for their good looks and practicality.
Black aluminum, high flow front grille.
Custom installed “cheek vents” in front quarter panels for engine venting, really gives the hot air somewhere to go when big fan kicks on they exhaust a ton of hot air.
Custom side steps double as compressed air tanks to fill tires or run tools, onboard compressor.
Transfer Flow 46 gallon fuel tank.
Propane under chassis - 10 gal.
Aluminess side ladder with high grit steps.
Telescoping custom tow mirrors with integrated LED turn signals.
Basic roof rack attached to the pop-top, can accommodate an impressive amount of weight and still be lifted/”popped” (2 kayaks plus gear).
Yakima Bike rack that attached to swing away spare tire.
“Shady-Boy” low-weight, low profile awning (manual included)
2” Rear Hitch Receiver with wiring harness.
60" Hi-lift jack with under bumper mounts.
Replaced windshield and covered with Llumar UV filtering film (crystal clear)
Tinted windows all around with Llumar film (lifetime transferable warranty card included)
Wheel well flares
New Rain X wiper blades
I have 2 hood vents uninstalled from “Run Cool”, will include if interested Large Powder-Coated Semi-Gloss Black Hi-Flow™ (#LBLHF), see pic installed at: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...dger-8526.html

Interior....................

Fully insulated, paneled, dynamatted and carpeted walls
GTRV pop top with flip up skylight and 4 windows, sleeps two or use simply for the headroom
2 Front Captains Chairs, passenger swivel
Rear removable sofa/sleeper/bi-fold with 3 sets of seat belts and integrated bed platform extension with storage boxes.
Side and rear storage cabinets.
Dometic RM2551 5 cu foot 3-way Fridge and freezer (huge, manual included) with thermostatically controlled fans on exterior evap coils for max performance as well as a digital temperature display. Goes 6 weeks without a propane fill.
Custom cabinetry with shelving, pull out cutting board and drawer.
Bamboo Floors and plywood subfloor.
Incredible (it really is) door mounted cabinet with fold-out wings from Colorado Camper Van, see link…
Massive underfloor storage compartment/trunk with flip up floor lid - factory spare locations.
Impressively sound and heat proofed doghouse, cut down cabin noise tremendously.
Custom kids bed with 2” memory foam that lays across 2 front seats (w/passenger seat swiveled backward).
High quality and custom bug screens that fit front windows.
Dash mat with mass loaded vinyl under it to further dampen sound.

Electrical System and Components...........................

Top of the line 2016 Kenwood head unit with high-end Focal Brand component speakers, JBL subwoofer and JL Audio XD 700 5V2 amp.
Xantrax Freedom HF 1800 (manual included) inverter (110V) and charger (40amp) with house battery Interstate AGM 100Ah (installed in the custom under-floor box, replaced new 2016) with one ott cable, 200Amp fuse, automatic battery solenoid separator from starting batteries.
Second Battery box currently used for storage, but designed for additional battery.
Both starting batteries replaced with Interstate MTP-65 in 2016.
200 Amp alternator (currently looking for receipt for brand name).
Upgraded horn, loud!
SCT Flash Programmer/Tuner with 3 custom tunes.
Echo Alarm system with ignition disabler (manual included).
Interior LED lighting; overhead and under+inside of cabinets.
Exterior LED motion sensing lights on either side of van (manual included)
Upgraded stock headlight system (uses stock housings), with electrical relays to accommodate higher wattage european halogen bulbs, bright but street appropriate - huge improvement over stock.
LED Brake lights, bright!
Integrated auxiliary reverse lights with H7 bulbs, bright!

Mechanical Systems...................................

Fully rebuilt motor (2013 @ 59,549mi) by the experts at Devil Mountain Diesel in Walnut Creek. No expense was spared when the motor was pulled and is digitally monitored with a dash mounted Edge CTS Insight Monitor w/manual (customizable for any parameter the PCM provides - I have used it for transmission, oil, coolant, Exhaust Gas Temp probe installed, battery voltage, RPM, boost psi, intake air, FICM voltage etc.). The van runs on a custom tune from an SCT Programmer (included) that makes it run powerful and efficiently - you can put it back to stock in minutes. No check engine codes since the work was completed.
The motor buildout:
Fully BulletProof package Diesel Oil Cooler, EGR Cooler, Aluminum Radiator, Billet aluminum water pump, etc.
ARP Head Studs, adjust valves, timing, replaced oil rail stub pipes, fuel injector o-rings, sealed lower engine block, replaced rear main seal, resurfaced cylinder heads, etc!
Rebuilt and replaced FICM
Replaced EGR Valve
BullsEye Power “Bat-Mo-Wheel” direct replacement compressor wheel installed on turbo (increased throttle response, turbo lag and horsepower while lowering exhaust gas temps).
4” (turbo-back!) custom exhaust wrapped in sound dampening kevlar with MBRP muffler and 5” chrome tip, catalytic converter left intact. Sounds clean and smooth, no drone, little to no black smoke when accelerating.
Upgraded transmission cooler plus secondary transmission cooler with thermostatically controlled fan.
Override switch at dash to turn on the factory radiator (mechanical) fan.
Repurposed factory tranny cooler as power steering cooler.
TBM Performance Rotors (oversized) with steel-braided brake lines, painted calipers (made a huge difference in both stopping power and pedal feel, eliminated all brake fade).
Full Floating limited slip (TruTrac) rear axle installed at 70,880 miles ($5861.38, including other items at same time) with 4:10 gear set. I made this upgrade to accommodate 35” tires and for peace of mind with the extra weight of the vehicle over stock.
G2 Axle & Gear Brute Differential Covers (holds 6 quarts).
Rear Leaf Springs with front Coil Springs and incredible custom tuned Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks, custom valved by Agile Off Road (2016)
Fox Performance Series steering stabilizer with 8” travel.
Custom ¼” steel skid plates throughout under chassis.

Full set of pictures and maybe a video will be taken over the next week or so! Consider this a "soft opening".
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5539.jpg   IMG_5538.jpg  

khalilsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #2

nice rig, do you have any more pictures of the interior and more of the exterior.
fishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #3

Full set of pictures and maybe a video will be taken over the next week or so! Consider this a "soft opening".
Old 09-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #4

That van is a real head turner.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #5

It sounds like you have put a lot of thought and work into this van. This is something we may be interested in. I will wait for the pictures to look it over a bit more.

You out don't mention a heater, hot water or fresh/gray water tanks, so I assume they were not part of the build.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #6

Hey folks, so I am caught up with life and work and detailing the van and getting to the photos etc is proving to be impossible right now, therefore actually marketing it and facilitating a transaction might be difficult to swing right away. In any event, if you have serous interest, please PM me and we can take it from there - could be a good opportunity for someone looking to take interest before I begin to officially put it on the market. I will update as things develop! Thank you!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #7

PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote