Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #1

For Sale- Ford Sportsmobile Clone

1996 Ford E250 Coachmen Camper Van For Sale.

For many years I always wanted a Sportsmobile Van but I could not afford a new one. Here is my version of a Ford Sportsmobile Clone which is now for sale.

Selling due to health problems.

Adult owner,non smoker. Extremely well maintained for preventative maintenance in mind as I did not want to ever have a breakdown which I never have experienced. Very reliable and dependable.

Approximately 32,879 original miles.

Beautiful condition inside and out. There are no rips or tears in the upholstery.

Features:
Tilt Steering Wheel, Backup Camera, Cruise Control, , Air Conditioner, Power Windows and Locks, AM/FM Radio, Ungraded All-Terrain Tires with low miles, New upgraded rims, Bushwhacker Fender Flares, Aluminess Side Ladder, Black Rear Window Louvers , Remote Control GoLight, Upgraded Rear and Side Tail Lights with Light Guards and new white window tint, etc..

The Camper Features:
Onan generator with approximately 78 hours , Awning, Sink, Microwave, 3 Way Refrigerator, Fantastic Fan, Smoke Alarm , Carbon Monoxide Detectors, Forced Heating, Roof Air , Flush Toilet, Hot Water Heater with automatic pilot light, Owners Manuals, Outside Shower, Flat-Screen TV/DVD Player.

I changed the oil every 3,000 miles or every 6 months with Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil. I have all professional preventative maintenance receipts from my local repair shop for new spark plugs, oil changes, radiator flush, rear end oil flush, fuel filter, new serpentine belt, new water pump recently replaced, etc...

The California title and registration are in my name. ( Not A Salvage Title )
Current smog certificate for transfer of title.

The van model is a 1996 Ford Coachmen not a Sportsmobile.
(Two Wheel Drive)

The motor is a V-8 5.8 Liter 351.

Price is $19.500 Firm. Sold As-Is. Cash Only.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0751.jpg   IMG_0776.jpg   IMG_0305.jpg   IMG_0352.jpg   IMG_0309.jpg  

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Super low miles, and very clean. Good luck with the sale.

Herb
Old 06-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #3

Thank you Herb. I appreciate it. New member here. I love this forum. Very informative.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #4

Garage
33,000 miles, and a synthetic oil change every 3,000/6 months? That's an awesome rig for someone. I'm sorry you have to sell it. It looks like you loved it in the best of all possible ways. GLWS.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #5

Thank you for the message. Yes I love this van and have spent countless hours on it making into my own Sportsmobile. I have OCD and everything must be neat and clean for me. I'm sad to see it go. Unfortunately I only use it about once a year now to visit relatives. I still drive it about three time a week locally just to keep the engine and parts lubricated. If the van never sells then I will just admire it in the driveway and imagine the places I have been and will still go in my mind. Take care.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:17 AM   #6

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Just curious are these long term issues or short term? No details needed just wondering if we could rally together for you to keep it if there was a chance you would be able to start using it more in the future.

Very nice van and it looks like you have put a ton of work into it. A former memeber here Ramsey had one somewhat similar and put 4wd under it and took his everywhere. Things like that can sometimes help one through tough times. Hope things improve for you. Best wishes.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #7

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the message. I appreciate it. Unfortunately I have an extremely rare medical condition. I'm in constant pain daily. Some days are better then others. I still can function normally and get around but with all the pain medication and muscle relaxers the doctors are prescribing me it sometimes can be difficult due to the side effects from all the meds which I try to avoid as much as possible.I thought about keeping the van but I just cant justify it. I rarely use it anymore. My medical condition is so rare the doctors do not know If I will get better or worse. I just take one day at a time. Take Care Eric.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #8

Sorry to hear that Richard. I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong with you and come up with a treatment plan. In the mean time I wish you good luck on th sale and will keep you in my thoughts.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:02 AM   #9

Garage
beautiful van, but sorry to hear about your condition. my wife is in exact same boat as of recent. super rare disease, like 1 in 200k and diagnosed back in feb. not sure if it will go back into remission or not and like yourself, drs have no clue how to assist other than pain management. in the meantime, wife is on lyrica, 75mg fentanyl patches, and 10mg percocets daily. she was super active before and this has killed her inside and out. only time I get genuine smiles out of her these days is when I take her camping even though its physically exhausting for her. very hard to see someone you love suffer so I can sympathize with your situation. best of luck Richard, both with your condition and the sale of this awesome van.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:07 AM   #10

Richard,

Can you provide a bit more info on the van.

First, where are you located?

Can you describe the configurations in the rear of the van. I see the commode just aft of the couch, but I can't tell what is behind that, across the width of the vehicle. I know some of these models have the commode and a small shower, but it looks like yours is different.

Also, what are the water tanks sizes.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clone ford van, ford van, sportsmobile