Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #1

For Sale: Sienna recliner seats and "MGMW" bases, AZ, $1400

Hi folks,

First the synopsis (more info and photos below):

--Pair of Grey Leather Sienna recliners, unused takeouts.
--Pair of new driver/passenger MG Metalworks seat bases.

-- Located in NW Arizona

-- asking $1400 plus shipping (or arrange a meet-up to exchange them - see below).

More detail:

This is an "unused/takeout" pair of 2014 Toyota Sienna Grey Leather middle-row recliner seats, plus a brand new pair of driver/passenger MG Metalworks bases (they both allow seat to move forward and back; passenger one also swivels). Included are the MG Metalworks illustrated instructions for mounting them in a Ford van.

I bought these to use in my own rig, but as it turns out they won't work as well as they would in a van (I now have a small E-350 cutaway rig, and instead of having a door behind the passenger seat (as in a van), I have a cabinet. Still, I saved these for awhile because they are so nice.... it took me some time to accept that no, they'd be better in a normal van (sniffle).

At any rate, they are grey leather seats with a bit of darker grey (two-tone) on the sides. I now realize I didn't get a very good picture of the two-tone part (it's fairly subtle). You can see it if you look at the side/top of the backrest. The seats and bases are in indoor storage in Lake Havasu City, AZ (covered in addition to being stored indoors). I picked the seats up directly from the vendor, who had them billed as new/takeouts. They are in very good condition. They are clean and smell new and leathery, although there are some small scuffs on the bases from moving them around, etc. The metal Ford adapter bases I picked up from MG himself in Oregon (fun meetup) - they are still in the protective plastic he wrapped them in.

I am asking $1400 for the set of two seats and two bases (not including shipping). Local pickup would be great, but I'm also willing to try to meet up with someone, especially a fellow SMB'er. That could be really fun! I end up driving to various places, so who knows what might work out - just PM to ask and see what might work out. I don't know what it would cost to ship them, since I drove hither and yon to pick them up when I bought them, but they are fairly bulky/heavy. I'm heading out for a trip on June 11, so it would need to be before then (or else later when I get back). I should have posted them sooner, but... they are so cool I was dragging my feet and even considering just getting a van so I could fit them

First a photo of them installed in the MG Metalworks van, to show what they look like:

Then, the actual seats (I'm sorry the photos aren't better - it's a combination of them being in inside storage, and my lack of photography skills):

I see it only allows three attachments per post, so more in next post.
Attached Thumbnails
front seat swiveled in mg\'s van.jpg   seats pair overview.jpg   driver\'s side seat.jpg  

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #2

Re: For Sale: Sienna recliner seats and "MGMW" bases, AZ, $1

More in next post...
Attached Thumbnails
passenger side seat.jpg   headrest detail.jpg   seat legrest fronts.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #3

Great deal, I have a few hundred more into my set up which is just about the same.
GLWS
-Morgan
Old 06-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdadmorgan
Great deal, I have a few hundred more into my set up which is just about the same.
GLWS
Thanks, Morgan. I'm hoping for a win/win/happy new home with a fellow SMB forumite

The seats in their cozy indoor storage cocoon:

The bases, still wrapped in the protective plastic:

More in next post...
Attached Thumbnails
seats covered.jpg   base 1.jpg   base 2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #5

The following photos are not my seats/bases, but are to show more detail. I can't remember whom to credit for these photos... maybe Vandiana or MG?.. I hope it's okay to use them).

Passenger side base example:

Measurements:

Attached Thumbnails
passenger seat base.jpg   measurement height.jpg   measurement width.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #6

Hopefully this wasn't too long, but I know when I'm considering something I like as much info as possible. Any questions, please ask. Also feel free to PM.

On the location: Easy pickup at Lake Havasu City or Kingman. They are 2 hours from Las Vegas, around 3 from Phoenix, I think 3-4 from Los Angeles, and maybe 6 from San Diego. At any rate.... a meetup is an option.
Attached Thumbnails
measurement depth up.jpg   measurement depth reclined.jpg  
Old 06-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #7

Hmmmm....Sending PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #8

Very interested PM sent
Tecno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #9

To the future owner of these seats and mounts (or curious onlookers who just want to know more): If there are any questions about the custom seat bases or the process of getting the seat prepped for the mounts, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I have a pretty comprehensive set of instructions but I'll also provide phone/text/email support if needed.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #10

As you can tell, "MG" rocks Meeting him and touring his shop was a highlight of my putting together a set of seats/bases. (BTW, he has an entire Ford van frame in his workshop to to test things - now why didn't I think of that?)

Nobbie, I got your PM and replied just now (was out working on a project all day away from the Internet - horrors). Tecno, I don't see a PM from you - I'll try sending you one to see if that helps.

If I can answer any additional questions - fire away, either here or via PM.

Viva