Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #1

SOLD: 1998 E-350 7.3 PSD Agile Offroad 4x4

Well, I can honestly say this is happening much sooner than I anticipated when I bought this beast in March but life has shown it wasnt quite the right platform for us and so its time to let her loose for someone else to fully enjoy.

I purchased this van from a forum member in March and you can see the original classified thread here. To re-cap the specs are as follows

1998 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel E350
180k miles
asking $40,000 OBO

Agile Off-road 4x4
Powered Sportsmobile Penthouse Pop-Top
Aluminess Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Ladder and Surf Hooks (surf racks are currently off the van but included in the sale)
12,000 lb Warn Winch
U Joint style roof rack
Onboard Air with 2.5 gallon tank
17” Method Wheels
31” KO2 Tires
200 watt Solar System
300 AH AGM style deep cycle batteries
Blue Sea 7622 Battery separator
Maxtrax Traction boards
Upgraded Headlights
Light Bar
PIAA Fog Lights
Fender Flares
Switch Pros Control System
Espar Diesel Heater
90 QT Dual zone Fridge/Freezer
42 gallon fuel tank
Driver/Passenger swivel seats
Shop4Seats fold down leather bench seat with 24” extension for sleeping (currently removed as explained below, but also included in the sale)
CRL Windows Passenger/Driver side

Bulk of this work was done in 2016 and I have copies of receipts for all of it except the pop top which the previous owner installed.

Since purchase I have done the following work

1) Brand new Turbo built by https://www.dieselperformance.com/ (about 4k miles on that now
2) new camshaft position sensor (used the improved and preferred International CPS)
3) new glow plug module
4) new radiator (about 500miles ago)
5) new exhaust back pressure sensor
6) Gray Leather bucket seats and rear bench out of a later model Econoline with all seatbelts and mounting hardware
7) Samlex 300W pure sine wave inverter -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Changes we have made to the interior

We removed the black fold down bench you see in the pictures from the original for sale thread (main reason we have not actually posted this yet is an insanely busy summer not providing time yet to get updated photos) and built a bed/storage along the driver side from the fridge to the back door. This black bench seat is included with sale also.

We have installed one of the gray leather bucket seats FOR CARSEAT USE ONLY -- no seatbelts were added as the seat as the LATCH system in it which was ideal for our use. A good DIYer or a decent fabricator could swap seats and add one of the seatbelts to make this a "seats three, sleeps three" setup for anyone. Currently it is only that for a carseat age child.

the gray leather bench and second bucket seat are not installed but included with the purchase for anyone to configure as they wish or sell to offset some cost elsewhere. This also includes all seatbelts that go with those seats as well.

Below are a few more recent shots showing some of the changes we have made to the interior. This is still largely a blank slate with lots of potential for anyone to run with. Previous owner cut out the original spare tire carrier under the van to make room for a water tank so that is on its way if anyone wants to add a sink setup to the van.

The only minor issues are

1) the passenger side fog light mount broke so that is not currently mounted (PIAA does not sell just the mount that I have found and I have had time to get my fab guy to work something up)

and

2) The front driver side corner of the poptop had a few screws rattle out so that corner of the canvas is loose.

Both of these are easy fixes I just havnt had the time this summer to get them taken care of. The price is set with these in mind and evaluation of any offers will take these being fixed or not into account.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks

renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #2

BUMP: Price drop to 38,500 OBO. Cash flow is important as we are beginning the process to add Full handicap up-fit to the new van. Any questions let me know.

Going to try to cross post this on Expedition Portal this week as well. Would love to see it go to another community member here.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #3

van is SOLD