Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #1

FS: 2004 4x4 SMB - price reduced - SOLD

2004 Quigley 4x4 Sportsmobile with 64k miles. “50” style, but more versatile with Interior surfboard racks, furnace, pressurized water, fully removable custom rear seat/bed, front swivel, awning, roof rack, rear ladder, aftermarket Teflon wheels, Aluminess Nerf Bars, winter wheels/tires, 2 burner stove, stainless sink, shorepower, roof racks, propane tank, Two CR Lawrence pop out windows with screens, loncoin flooring and much more. We built this van to last us for a lifetime, but life has changed and our family is quickly outgrowing our van?. (28 pictures in our gallery) Located in Hood River, OR. Price is $50k

Sportsmobile top and interior conversion less than 7000 miles old. The van was only driving on the highway during the first 56,000 miles around Spokane Washington. We drove it to Sportsmobile in Fresno, CA in March 2008 and had the Pop Top installed with upper bed. We had the remainder of the interior built out custom by Van Specialties in Portland, OR. This van was custom built for our needs and has custom windsurfing or surfing racks with carbon fiber vertical posts. The board racks are fully adjustable/removable and swing out of the way when not in use. The van has never been driven off road and has been babied it’s entire life. Our family has grown since this project first started and we need to sell. The van is incredibly clean versatile. Truly a one of a kind rig and we will be very sad to see it go! More details below and more pictures in our Gallery, but feel free to email me at jaylemieux1@yahoo.com with any further questions as I’m sure there are details I’ve forgotten.. Email your phone # and I’ll call you back.

Here are some more details:

2004 Ford E-250 5.4 Triton V8
63,500 miles
Quigley 4x4
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Aluminess Nerf Bars
CR Lawrence pop out windows (Two) with screens
Flowmaster Stainless Exhaust cover
ATX American Racing Teflon Wheels
BFG 285 75 R 16 All Terrain T/A’s
Spare Set of Winter Wheels (stock ford) with 265 75 R 16 siped tires with 80% tread
Correcttrack CT Rear Spacer Kit
Penthouse Top with Penthouse Bed
Custom Interior Surfboard rack
Thule Roof Rack with 58” cross bars and locks
Front passenger swivel seat
Custom Ballistic Nylon Rear seat/bed platform with shoulder Belt (fully removable except for far driver’s side for extra cargo room).
Pioneer Stereo with front and rear speakers- DEH-P6000UB with USB hookup
Power locks
Aux. Batteries (two group 27 AGM’s)
Swivel reading lights above passenger seat and in rear passenger area
Strip LED lights above barn doors
Aircraft reading lights in rear of van
Pop Top lights wired to AGM batteries
12 volt ports (3)
Fully insulated walls and covered door panels
Shore Power w/outlet and break box
3 Stage Charger – Intellipower 9200
Brand New Fiamma F45i Awning
Shurflo water pump w/ 10 gallon holding tank
Stainless steel sink
Dometic 2 burner stove with cover
Custom cabinet with lots of storage and locking latches. Has a 1”x1” steel frame (STURDY) and a false floor on the bottom shelf (for sliding longer items in from the back).
Flip up counter extension
16000 BTU Suburban furnace with thermostat and outside vent/ducting
CO Detector, LP Detector, Smoke Detector, Fire Extinguisher

Please email jaylemieux1@yahoo.com or post here for more details or with any questions. Price is $50k OBO. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03769.jpg   DSC03791.jpg  

Jayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #2

Re: FS: 2004 Quigley 4x4 SMB

Excellent rig. I've never seen a Sportsmobile counter top like that one. Good luck with the sell.
Zaskoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #3

Hi Jayle.....slightly off topic, would you mind posting a pic of the custom surfboard racks. Thanks, killer looking rig....good luck with the sale.
barryv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

See Jayle's gallery for more pics:
gallery/search.php?user_id=2317

Nice surf assault vehicle!
drewford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #5

Hi All,

Thanks for the emails and replies to this post. Yes, it's an amazing van and will make the right buyer VERY happy . My wife and I just drove it down to the river to celebrate our 6th anniversary. It brought tears to our eyes thinking about selling this amazing rig. Nothing like enjoying the evening having dinner in your van down by the river.

Back to the posts...Zaskoda, thanks for the kind words. The counter is solid wood and mounted to a steel framed kitchen cabinet.

barryv I think there are some decent pics of the surf racks in the gallery as drewford mentioned.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #6

Like your van alot. Just one little thing, does the cover come off the barn door window?
mtnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #7

Hi mtnmike,
There are no windows on the barn doors. We prefer the look and privacy of the solid door panels. Windows can be added at a capable shop. Let me know if you have any other questions. -jayle
Old 05-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #8

Re: FS: 2004 4x4 SMB - $48,500

Hi Guys,

Just updated the original post to $48,500. The van is immaculate and will not disappoint...camping season is here!

-Jayle
Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #9

Re: FS: 2004 4x4 SMB - $48,500

Our van is still for sale, but now has upgraded shocks, track arm and steering stabilizer as of today! All I can say is, "WOW", what a difference! We replaced the track bar/bushings with a new one ordered up from Quigley. The old bushings were worn and cracked. We replaced the steering stabilizer with the oversized Skyjacker model (bought it directly from Quigley with their custom bracket and mounting hardware). For the shocks we bought the Bilstein Shocks all around. For the front the model # was BE5-6243-H5. For the Rear the model # was BE5-E074-H0. When I took the van out for a test drive I felt like I was in a different van. It's SO SMOOTH on the road now and no more jarring over pot holes or rattle in the front end. I always felt like the van drove a little bit more rough and bouncy than it should have. Not anymore. These upgrades were well worth every penny and will make for some very happy traveling!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #10

Re: FS: 2004 4x4 SMB - now $45k

Price reduced to $45k. We'd like to find the van a new home before Fall. Let us know if you're interested. We've done everything we can think of to make the sure the van is in great shape for it's new owners. This van is beautiful and won't disappoint....especially at this price. Thanks for looking!

Jayle