Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #1

Garage
FS: 5 mounted AT3's - killer wheel/tire Pkg

CLEARING OUT THE GARAGE!
I bought these still-seriously-sweet wheels/tires right after I picked up my '95 E250 Sportsmobile in the summer of 2014 --- and have put less than 12,000 trouble-free miles on them in the two years since. But since I just went to even bigger tires with a newly-installed lift kit.....this still-quite-fresh full set (five wheels and tires) has to go.
So here goes....IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR SALE:
---------------------------------------------------
For Sale:
Cooper Discoverer AT3 / Soft 8 -- Wheel&Tire Package
(SET OF 5 TIRES!)

(The no-brainer "Zero to Hero" wheel-and-tire kit for your basic Econoline van or Sportsmobile)

Fits all E-series Sportsmobiles and Vans with 8x6.5" bolt pattern

INCLUDED FOR SALE:

5 (five) Cooper Discoverer AT3 Tires, 245/75R16, Load Range E (10 ply)
mounted on:
5 (five) 16x8 Cragar "Soft 8" black-powder-coated steel crawler rims, 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern / zero offset
with:
4 (four) Cragar center caps.

Located in: Orange County, California
**Local Pickup Preferred --- but will prepare these to ship if buyer coordinates and pays for all shipping arrangements.

$ PRICE $: See question 4, below, under "Presumably Asked Questions"

Presumably-asked questions: (PAQ'S) :

1) WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT THEM?

>>> For a non-lifted Ford E-series, this is the largest tire size that can be fitted without running into tire scrub on fenders/bumpers/suspension components. Yep, they're the biggest wheel/tire package you can sensibly fit under a stock-ride-height E-series. And they look cool/make a big difference. They positively transformed the appearance (and ride quality, and ride height, and traction, and SMB Forum cred.... ) of my bone-stock '95 Sportsmobile, and they could do the same for your "starter van" too.

>> It really basically is a "Zero-to-Hero" bolt-on kit for your starter van Observe:

Before:

...and after:

2) ARE THESE TIRES ANY GOOD?

>>>Well, Expedition Portal thought so......a couple years ago they ran a comprehensive test of 7 of the top-rated/top-chosen all-terrain tires....and awarded these tires *first place*.

Link to ExPo test/review: Where the Rubber Meets the Road | Expedition Portal

My experience with them has been super solid as well -- this has been a great set of tires! SMB Forum member BrianBlair recommended these to me initially (I believe he still runs these) and they look and ride great. They provided consistent and confident traction in every terrain I tried 'em in (sand, loose dirt, etc) as well as had top-notch grip/stability/braking on wet pavement, when we had some exceedingly-rare SoCal rains came through. And they're quiet on the pavement...great road-trip tires and yet have a high e-rated 10-ply load rating.

3) OK COOL....THEY SOUND RAD, WHAT CONDITION ARE THEY ALL IN?

They're in great shape! All around!
Rims have zero rust, are straight and clean.
Tires are newly-road-force-balanced (as of the last tire rotation 500 miles ago.)
Tires are 2 years old with less than 12,000 miles on them....and the spare tire is 1 year old and has *zero* miles on it.

Again -- bonus: The 5th wheel/tire (the spare) is less than a year old, and was *NEVER USED*. (Never saw the ground.) I bought it to have it mounted on the rear tire carrier when I installed that, and then it never got touched. (** It's a great wheel/tire to look at for reference, to see what a brand-new set of tread looks like....and then compare it to the other four tires to see how minimal the treadwear has been. (I've included plenty of pictures, below, so you can check out rim/tire detail photos, and tread depth and wear.)**)

4) $$$ OK OK....I'M INTERESTED.....HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING FOR THESE? $$$

>>> I'm now looking to get $800.00 for all five wheels and tires.

I think that's a pretty solid deal for these these five low-treadwear, 2-year-old wheels/tires that are in great shape. (especially since the spare wheel/tire is only a year old and has never been used....and that was over $250 alone.)

When I bought these new, the grand total (including mount/balance, but not including tax or shipping) was $1325.00. (I listed the total when-new purchase price cost breakdown at the very end of this post, below all of the pictures at the bottom, if you're curious to see it.)

5) SWEET DEAL!!! OK, I'M REALLY DIGGIN' EM....BUT I NEED TO SEE A BUNCH OF MORE PICTURES!!!

Here you go...

PM me through the SMB Forum messaging if you're interested or have any more questions.
Cheers and have a great week, everybody!

Tread of the never-used/brand-new mounted spare:

Tread of tire 1:

Tread of tire 2:

Tread of tire 3:

Tread of tire 4:

Center Caps:

----------------------------------------

*original cost breakdown:

Tires:
Cooper Discoverer AT3 245/75r16, (Load Range E model - (10 ply))
Original price new from Discount Tire Online: $148/each

Rims/Center Caps:
Cragar "Soft 8" 16x8, 8 on 6.5" lug pattern
Brand New from Summit Racing:
$88 wheel, $17 center cap (total $105/wheel.)

Total Original Cost:
$740 tires ($148 x 5)
+ $525 ($105 x 5) wheels/center caps
+ $15/tire x 5 = $60 mount/balance
= 1325.00

Asking Price For All Five Wheels/Tires Now: $800.

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:37 AM   #2

so what is the actual price that you asking for?
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:39 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishadam82 View Post
so what is the actual price that you asking for?
Hi polishadam82,

Hey thanks for asking --- and my apologies if it/s a bit challenging to find the price easily/quickly in the sale listing above. I actually answered the price question within the "Presumably Asked Questions" section that is quite a ways down within the listing, but I can see how that might take a while to find....

SO --- here is the asking price info from the listing again, edited and simplified. (I've also now edited the listing, above, to make it easier to find the price.)
Thanks for your interest.

PRICING INFO:
------------------------------------------

4) OK OK....I'M INTERESTED.....HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING FOR THESE?

>>> I'm now looking to get $800.00 for all five wheels and tires.

I think that's a pretty solid deal for these these five low-treadwear, 2-year-old wheels/tires that are in great shape. (especially since the spare wheel/tire is only a year old and has never been used....and that was over $250 alone.)

When I bought these new, the grand total (including mount/balance, but not including tax or shipping) was $1325.00. (I listed the total when-new purchase price cost breakdown at the very end of the initial post, if you're curious to see it.)
Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 AM   #4

Can you do all my ads?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:35 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Can you do all my ads?

I was just thinking the same thing, I couldn't even use these and I'm looking for my wallet ha ha.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Can you do all my ads?

LOL, sure!!! Haha, submit your "classified-listing-creation requests" to my "advertising department" and we'll see what we can do, lol....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
I was just thinking the same thing, I couldn't even use these and I'm looking for my wallet ha ha.
Haha! Perhaps you should just buy these from me anyway, and then sit on them until you DO need them for something? Haha, you never know, lol....
Old 11-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #7

PAQ #6 needed: pick-up only, or would you ship?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
PAQ #6 needed: pick-up only, or would you ship?
Hey there BrianW --- that info actually is indicated (kind of) near the top of the ad right with the initial description ----

Located in: Orange County, California (for local pickup)

That said ---- if someone is truly determined enough to want to pay the extra amount for shipping (not sure how that would be done?), they can contact me and I would happily try to figure that out with them. I've never shipped a set of wheels and tires, I imagine it would be pretty damn expensive....but again, I'll make it happen if someone is really determined to do it (and pay for it!) that way.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #9

Garage
I have enough crap lying around that I "could" use if I needed to in the future ha ha. Thanks though!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
I have enough crap lying around that I "could" use if I needed to in the future ha ha. Thanks though!
Haha! You and me both buddy.

For someone who could use 'em right now though:
These are a seriously nice set of tires/wheels.....someone would definitely be stoked to get 'em under their rig.

As another plus:
This 16x8 wheel size will accommodate much larger tires in the future, should someone install a lift kit later and go to taller/wider tire. I think you can comfortably get up to a 315 width on an 8-inch rim.