Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #31
Site Team

Two things I noticed when test fitting the Skreenz.

1) There was a small gap in the stitching at the top of one of the Skreenz. When the door is closed, the gap is sealed against the rubber door seal, so there's not a significant issue there.

2) The Skreenz are not really designed for van with the factory Ford tow mirrors. Chuck at Skreenz said he wasn't sure but he thought they would work, but he never did guarentee they would work. Not yet sure if I'll raise the issue with Chuck to see if there's something he can do, or if I'll modify them at some point, or if I'll just live with them as-is. The cutout for the mirror base isn't tall enough for the base of the tow mirrors

I should say that aside from the small, 2"-3" gap in the stiching, I am impressed with how they are put together.

Herb

Old 08-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #32

I used my skreenz for the second time this past weekend. I noticed a portion of the screen that the mesh had pulled away from the binding material (or wasn't attached in the first place). It was about 6" long, near the top of the leading edge of the driver side window. I didn't notice it the first time I put them on, which was 3 weeks ago. Both times I handled the screens carefully. I sent Chuck an email and he said they would replace it with a new one. He also mentioned that they had just bought a new machine and that they didn't have all the adjustments dialed in yet about the time our order was produced. Since I really don't know if it came apart, or was originally separated, I asked if I should get them both replaced, or just the one. I am waiting for a reply. oclv
Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #33

Just an update. I was told to send them both back and they would replace both of them. If anyone else has separation at the binding, give them a call or send them an email. Great company. oclv
Old 08-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #34

Screenz

I just returned from a summer hot mosquito infested Michigan and Wisconsin. Left the door windows open and the cargo doors ajar at night and the screenz were just great. Love em and keep them all rolled together, and hanging in the attic in winter. The same company makes a radiator cover screen that fit up nice and tight, amazing how many bugs can be kept free of the coolers.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #35

Got my screenz back. Will put them on this weeekend. They provide great customer service. oclv
Closed Thread