Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #1

ISO: SMB 4x4

Hello all! I am new to the forum. As my lease is about to come to an end I'm looking to travel for all of fall and am in need of a 4x4 SMB! Specifically what I'm looking for: E350 V10 Diesel (not 03-07 6.0). SMB 4x4. Wiggle room on size, smaller the better. Motor Penthouse. Pre FabD container Ideally with kitchen, solar power, and water heater+Lrg Tank. So if anyone was thinking about selling... I'm HERE! I'm looking to Mtb and fish the crap out of the NW then I will return to home in Utah for the winter. Give your SMB life again! I just wanna

Thank you in advance. I'm very new to this world. I've done my fair share of research but and still consider myself a Joey. All ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

Hammack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #2

Welcome Joey , Did you mean a V10 or diesel? They are different things. A v10 is a gasoline engine and a great choice, a diesel is either going to be a 6.0 or 7.3 if it's 2003 or older, and both would be only if you choose a Ford. There are good offerings from Chevy as well and a fair number floating around, just less than Ford.

Good luck, I recommend keeping an eye out here and in the 'vans for sale' thread over at Expedition Portal in the 2/4 wheel drive camper van section.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #3

Thanks 86Scotty! From my experience thus far on the forum I've noticed you're kind of an expert of these things. I appreciate you reaching out. As for the engine question I'm more interested in the V10 as of right now. Open to diesel. My only turn off is everything I've read on the 6.0l from the 03-07 era. Prefer an older 7.3 in a new body. That'd be neat. Although, At this point if the 6.0l is well cared for then I'll definitely consider taking that route. Definitely keen to the E350 with a rugged under chassi. Will be exploring wild Alaska at some point this winter in my future best friend.
Hammack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #4

Glad to have you along. You'll learn a lot here if you stick around and read. I'm no expert, just a fan who has done just that.

I recently bought my first v10 (though it's a small RV) and I absolutely love it. If you prefer quiet and simple go for the V10.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote