Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgagnon11 View Post

Would you have a registration copy of an SMB. I wonder what is indicated. If it's not indicated that it's a camper, I would have no problem importing a newer
Our 2004 SMB registration reflects the base van body.

So the title and registration is listed as:

2004 Ford E350

We are the 2nd owners. Friends of ours purchased it new from SMB West.

The original title listing was this:

2004 Ford
body type VC
class MA

I have no clue what that means but I hope it helps you

Sboring35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
I’m selling a 2002 Ford E250 Pleasure-Way Traverse (basically the same as a Sportsmobile RB50) for sale in Pennsylvania for $19,500. It’s a 2WD. Pleasure-Way is built in Canada, though, so if you ever needed service that would be a nice plus. This van is titled as a passenger car (station wagon), which is unusual. I disagree that most SMBs are titled as cars; I’d say either RV/mobile homes or trucks in most cases. You’d have to add 4WD after though, which I guess is a dealbreaker. It’s listed in the classifieds here.
Thank you, but I prefer that the 4x4 is already installed.
fgagnon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrull View Post
Are you actually planning to import it into Canada? I would double check import regulations. There are a lot of restrictions on Class B RV's or Van Conversion. I think after 15 years there are less restrictions but there are still some. If I recall correctly, 4x4 conversion done on a used vehicle are not importable into Canada.

I also did not see Sportsmobile as a listed vehicle manufacture which means they did not apply for Transport Canada Certification which makes sense as I've yet to see a Canadian Plated SMB.
Thank you for your opinion. I checked a lot and after 15 years, we can import anything. I will still have it inspected and regularized to the standard of my province. But I will be able to bring it to Canada without any problem. I see you're residing in BC and you have a Sportsmobile. Interested in selling? If not, how did you import it?
fgagnon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
I’m selling a 2002 Ford E250 Pleasure-Way Traverse (basically the same as a Sportsmobile RB50) for sale in Pennsylvania for $19,500. It’s a 2WD. Pleasure-Way is built in Canada, though, so if you ever needed service that would be a nice plus. This van is titled as a passenger car (station wagon), which is unusual. I disagree that most SMBs are titled as cars; I’d say either RV/mobile homes or trucks in most cases. You’d have to add 4WD after though, which I guess is a dealbreaker. It’s listed in the classifieds here.
I think he said 4 wheel drive like 3 times
Phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:49 AM   #15

Sooner or later GM is going to wake up and realize how much money they have lost letting the world fill up with AWD/4WD Sprinters and Transits. These offer stand up height and much better drivability than the old vans. The argument about the newer Euro style vans not being as 'tough' as the old ones is quickly losing merit considering all of the other advantages of the newer ones, mainly stand up height and AWD options.

I'm a Chevy fan that has had lots of Ford vans due mainly to their availability. I had a Chevy AWD for awhile but it had too much rust and was just going to be too much of a challenge for me at the time. I let it go after lusting after them for 10 years.

Chevy could easily copy every one else's ideas (Hey, it's what the big 3 do with trucks, just constantly copy each other's designs) and bring out a phenomenal Euro style tall van or the bulletproof 5.3l V8 workhorse or their small diesel and sell tons of them.

I'm sure the jack asses will introduce it in some other country first other than the one that build their brand.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Hi, my name is Frédéric. I am in Colorado for 2-3 weeks and I would like to import a SMB to Canada with top penthouse, 4 people seat belt and 4x4. I will be around Denver, Boulder, Leadville, Fort Collins, etc.

If you have suggestions or a SMB for sale, I'm waiting for your proposal!

Thanks
I have a 2002 E350 with newly rebuilt 5.4 and 4x4 Salem Kroger conversion. See all information here:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ger-24606.html
BigRed4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #17

I know this might not be what your looking for but.. I have an 1986 Chevy lifted 4x4 4 swivel seats new 33inch tires and rims, bedliner paint OD green, 305ci. 10,000.00
Emerfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #18

Hello Frédéric,

I have a 2004 extended body 6.0 diesel Sportsmobile with only 28,000 miles for sale.

2004 Sportsmobile 4X4 Ford E-350 Extended Body 6.0 L Diesel – ONLY 27,800 MILES
It’s with a heavy heart, I am placing our beloved Sportsmobile up for sale. Due to an extended illness in our family, we have not been able to use our SMB. Rather than seeing it sit idle, it needs to go to a new home where it can be enjoyed. I am the original owner, the van has spent almost all of its life, when not being used, in our garage and out of the elements. It looks like new. The vehicle is located in San Clemente, CA.

EB 50 layout Penthouse Top – White with Grey Leather interior.
Complete Bulletproof of Engine @ 27,000 miles by Tuttle-Click Ford, San Juan Capistrano, including: ARP cylinder head studs, updated oil standpipes, updated D-Plugs, replaced all glow plugs, Bulletproof Diesel EGR cooler and water pump, replaced oil cooler, replaced both glow plug harnesses, updated fuel pressure regulator, replaced both fuel filters. Replaced steering box, Plus misc. hoses, seals, etc.

Turbo cleaned and serviced @ 27,800.

Sportsmobile 4X4 conversion: Dynatrac Pro-Roc Front Axle, Reverse Shackle Leaf Spring Front Suspension, Advance Adapters Atlas II Transfer Case, Manuel Lock Out Hubs, Rancho 9,000 Shocks, Front Sway Bar, High Knuckle End, Heavy Duty Steering Arm

ARB Remote Extreme Air Compressor, 46 Gallon Fuel Tank, Trojan Rear Tire Carrier, Blue Sky Controller with two remote solar plugs, Full Penthouse Thule Tracks with Racks, leather seats. Passenger side swivel seat, Exterior shower, Fiama Awning with Updated Mounting Brackets, XL Locking Under Floor Storage, Porta Potti, Stove Delete, Water Heater, Propane, Stow away screen coverings for side and rear openings, Front and Rear Receiver Hitches, AGM 4D Battery, Furnace Heater, Rear Air Conditioning, large fresh water tank, Toyo M/T Open Country, American Racing Black Baja Wheels, Bush Wacker Flares, Raptor bed liner finish on rooftop where the Penthouse top contacts the steel roof. Plus misc. parts and camping accessories.

All receipts, clean title

Serious inquiries only please. $86,000
MPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion. I checked a lot and after 15 years, we can import anything. I will still have it inspected and regularized to the standard of my province. But I will be able to bring it to Canada without any problem. I see you're residing in BC and you have a Sportsmobile. Interested in selling? If not, how did you import it?
Sorry I've been away on a road trip. I don't have an SMB, mine is home built and the 4x4 Conversion was done in Canada.

I did see someone thinking about selling their 4x4 Van in Canada not too long ago, are you still looking for one? I will see if I can find the link.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #20

I might interested in this rig. Can you post pictures?
Leboart is offline   Reply With Quote