Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #1

My Flooded Van to hit Auction

I live in League City, Texas where we got 50" of water. I lost my house and all five cars including a 2008 Quigley with Sportsmobile Top with no interior. The 5.4 liter gas van only had 54,000 miles and was in excellent shape. After the storm the van did not have any water in the oil and started up fine. The interior only saw about 1" of water and I stripped out the walls to help it dry. I did not drive it after the storm but I did air it out for almost a week and it had no smell when it was towed away. I am sure the 4x4 system will need some repair as I did not change the gear oil before it was totaled out by my insurance. The back bumper is custom from Renuel and it alone was $2,500, the box part of the bumper is in my flooded garage and could be sent to somebody for the cost of shipping if wanted. The BF Goodrich KO2 tires are "E" rated and have about 3,000 miles on them. If somebody is looking for a project this van could be saved. I know it will be up for auction soon as my insurance did give me a good value for it. The VIN is starts with 1FBNE..... If anybody is interested and finds it online I have all of the Quigley documentation and original receipts and would be happy to forward the information to somebody who saves the van. If you would like to see photos, please look in my albums under tildadog, please let me know if you buy it, Kyle & Karrie

Old 09-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Site Team

Before letting it go to auction, don't you want to buy it back from your insurance company and resurrect it? Would be a shame to walk away from it.

Herb
Old 09-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #3

If it wasn't driving through that water, I suspect it's just fine, even without a diff oil change. We've had our fleet through deeper (plucking cars out of the floodwaters here a few years ago) and a couple trucks had water in the diff, no doubt because they were hot when they hit the water, but it never got in the T cases or transmissions. The engine and chassis harness connectors are pretty darn water tight. Seems to really only cause havoc in trucks and vans where the dash gets soaked.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Sorry for your Losses.
I agree With carringb. I would try to buy it back, If you had no interior I'm sure the van is fine. If you just dont want to deal with it I can understand that as well. I have a house in Rockport.
Do you have any pictures of the van? I would be interested in it if you really do decide to sell it.
Ron
Old 09-10-2017, 02:20 PM   #5

Garage
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. Wishing you better luck in your recovery phase.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #6

Photos of van

I posted a few photos of the flood event in my picture gallery. I got a house to rebuild, a 1938 Ford and a 1962 Wagon which also flooded out. To be fair my insurance company USAA gave me a very fair price so I walked, but yes this van could be saved which is why I posted to let others with the time and energy. I hope somebody does we loved the van.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #7

What kind of bumper and spare tire carrier is that?

If someone buys it to part out, I might be interested (if it makes sense to get it to Carlsbad, CA).
LandVan is offline   Reply With Quote