Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #11

In mid-2013l, after searching online for months, I acquired a Quigley 2008 cargo RB with the 6.0 and 75k miles for $24k - That was a screaming deal, as I was planning on closer to $30k or more after purchasing a 2wd cargo and doing an Advanced 4wd conversion (I'm in Salt Lake as is Advanced - this was before I was aware of U-Joint, Quadvan, Boulder and Agile's packages). As you noted, $34k is a little on the high end, but with those low miles, I'd probably jump on it if I were in the market in your situation, as boywonder suggested. Ramsey did the RIP kit on it later in 2013, and it's worth every penny! The Quigley conversion is just fine - not certain if it'd be worth spending an additional $10k or more for another full conversion, imho.

Also, like Ramsey noted, all the 6.0's have the need for bulletproofing. The later years do have some improved components (not certain which ones) that reduce the immediacy of a $5k bulletproofing. I installed a ScanGauge right away and watch my oil/coolant temps religiously (anally??, lol!) The delta is still only 6-8 degrees. There are days/weeks/months worth of reading about the subject all over the interweb - the main thing is to be informed.

Good luck - just my 2 cents.

Phil

SMB West motorized penthouse
Underfloor Aluminum storage box from northleftcoast
Aluminess Bumper-Mount Spare Tire Rack

Passenger & Driver swivel seat bases
Kenwood DNX572BH Navigation/DVD/CD Receiver
SilverForkPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
2008 6.0 has all of the same problems as the '05, '06, '07... Starting with a low mileage 6.0 that has had no problems can become a very reliable engine after the correct modifications for under $5K but will save you more than that in the long run.

Agile Off-Road's RIP Kit is under $750.00.

Colorado Camper Vans and Agile Off-Road both offer adjustable Long Arms for just over $1000.
Cool. I'll check out agile and CCV. Thanks.
coregran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverForkPhil View Post
In mid-2013l, after searching online for months, I acquired a Quigley 2008 cargo RB with the 6.0 and 75k miles for $24k - That was a screaming deal, as I was planning on closer to $30k or more after purchasing a 2wd cargo and doing an Advanced 4wd conversion (I'm in Salt Lake as is Advanced - this was before I was aware of U-Joint, Quadvan, Boulder and Agile's packages). As you noted, $34k is a little on the high end, but with those low miles, I'd probably jump on it if I were in the market in your situation, as boywonder suggested. Ramsey did the RIP kit on it later in 2013, and it's worth every penny! The Quigley conversion is just fine - not certain if it'd be worth spending an additional $10k or more for another full conversion, imho.

Also, like Ramsey noted, all the 6.0's have the need for bulletproofing. The later years do have some improved components (not certain which ones) that reduce the immediacy of a $5k bulletproofing. I installed a ScanGauge right away and watch my oil/coolant temps religiously (anally??, lol!) The delta is still only 6-8 degrees. There are days/weeks/months worth of reading about the subject all over the interweb - the main thing is to be informed.

Good luck - just my 2 cents.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I'm inclined to get it Bc with agile and preventative bulletproofing. This should be a rig I can enjoy for a long time.
coregran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #14

Thumbs up for Agile RIP kit. My Quigley performance now is like night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:32 PM   #15

If youre happy with the motor, mileage and price, you can spend a little on a Quigley and be really happy with it I think. Shocks and new springs are pretty inexpensive all things considered. I've been happy with my Quigley 6.0 and putting new springs on it was an easy and inexpensive improvement. Once custom valved shocks become radula available, soon?, then I'll be a really happy guy.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote