Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #1

Ryobi 18V tools, almost free* Gone !

Thanks everyone for your interest. A forum member came by tonite to take them away and will make a donation to the forum.

In my continued quest to clean up my garage I've got some Ryobi 18V tools. These are my extras and I've moved on to 18V Makitas. Its yours almost free*, local pickup only. I live in Cupertino, CA.

*almost free means you pay me nothing but I would very much appreciate you make a donation to the forum. Thank you for your support.

Drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw. NiCad batteries charge up but don't hold a charge well. You're better off with the Lithium-Ion version of the batteries. These new batteries are great.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
ryobi-tools.jpg  

my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #2

Re: Ryobi 18V tools, almost free*

sold
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #3

I'll take them. I've got a flexibile schedule this week, let me know what your time looks like.

Edit: Oh wait, now i notice the batteries don't hold a charge well. Um, nevermind. That's why I wanted them.

D'oh. Bad internet comprehension today.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #4

No problem. For people already invested in Ryobi then these would be a great addition because you can never have enough drills and such. (I'm too lazy and find it bothersome to switch bits and blades and so its easier for me to have extra units on hand.) I still have an assortment Ryobi tools but these are extras. I shifted over to Makita a few years ago and am trying to clean up my garage.

Ray
Old 01-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

Ray,

Surely your garage must be nearly empty by now?

And it is so unlike me to pass up tools of any kind, but I'm not going back to your house for more stuff to fill up my garage.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Ray,

I work in Cupertino and could swing by and pickup the tools tonight/tomorrow if they are still available.

I picked up my new (to me) SMB just over a month ago and have yet to introduce myself or contribute to the forum. This may accelerate things for me. Let me know if they are still available and I will PM you to workout a time to pick them up.

Thanks,
Pat
DevP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #7

Hi Pat,

PM me and I'll give you the particulars .. I plan to be home around 5pm. It's always great to meet fellow van owners.

(You work in Cupertino? Possibly for that fruit company?)

Ray
Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #8

I gave up on Ryobi tools a few years backs. I had a (corded) sawzall from them an it broke. Took it apart to see what was up and found a part made basically of cardboard in a place subject to wear. Such an obvious case of designed obsolescence that it bugged me. Although, probably most everything has that now :-(
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
I gave up on Ryobi tools a few years backs. I had a (corded) sawzall from them an it broke. Took it apart to see what was up and found a part made basically of cardboard in a place subject to wear. Such an obvious case of designed obsolescence that it bugged me. Although, probably most everything has that now :-(
Agree. I used Ryobi tools for years, but I learned that they are for the casual user only. Had a cordless drill burn out, and bought another Ryobi to replace it because I had recently dropped money on new batteries for the whole set of Ryobis that I had. Within about a year, all the new batteries gave up the ghost when it came to holding a charge.

Now I buy Makitas and Milwaukees and haven't looked back. I can't afford to buy cheap tools.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....