Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #11

Yikes. The package I purchased during this sale arrived yesterday and all the bottle jack extensions look quality built, but they are for a 1-1/4" jack ram and the 6 ton jack they shipped has a 1-5/16" (actually 34mm) jack ram. Totally incompatible.

Be sure to check your setup when you receive it and before you head out on the trail.

FYI, my package came with the Omegalift 10065B jack.

Anyone else checked theirs out yet?

Let's see how they handle this when I call.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #12

The "signature required" thing is making getting my delivery difficult. I had it held at a Postal Annex & it took 3 days for that to happen. Last night I tried to get it and made it there at 6:01 & they closed at 6:00. If all goes well I'll get mine tonight & will check it out.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #13

I just ran out and checked mine. Initially it looked like the first extension I tried was too small. I gave it a slight push and snapped down over the jack. Same with all of the extensions. No slop or play and initially quite tight but my extensions did fit the jack.
Thanks for the heads up though, that would have been a disaster if I had waited until I needed it.
Wirehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #14

OK, just got off the phone with Safe Jack and they are making sure I am a satisfied customer.

They acknowledged they are shipping jacks with a slightly larger ram, but they include a plastic sleeve around the screw that provides a fairly snug fit for the attachments. That was included with mine but because of the slop in the screw/ram connection itself I was not comfortable with that solution. The sleeve is shown in the product picture but not in any of the product-in-use pictures; and their own instruction manual says you should have a minimum of 1/2" overlap with the ram.

They offered many totally fair solutions to make me happy. In the end I settled on them sending me a 6 ton jack with 1-1/4" ram (older stock) and a return shipping label.

So kudos to them for the way they handled my concern.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
I just ran out and checked mine. Initially it looked like the first extension I tried was too small. I gave it a slight push and snapped down over the jack. Same with all of the extensions. No slop or play and initially quite tight but my extensions did fit the jack.
Thanks for the heads up though, that would have been a disaster if I had waited until I needed it.
Just curious, what was your jack manufacturer/model?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Are your extensions fitting over the jack's metal ram/piston or over a removable plastic sleeve that is fitted over the jack screw threads?

Note that the plastic sleeve solution may be fine, but they acknowledge some people might not be comfortable with it. I was not the first to contact them.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Heck, I bit. With the new 285's I really didn't have a way to change a tire anymore LOL.
Stock jack will still work.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #18

That was fast. Just got notification my replacement jack is on the way.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #19

I was able to get mine from the Postal Annex people & just now checked it out. All attachments do fit the jack I was sent. I had to squeeze the plastic bits around the top of the jack together to get them to go on but once I did there was a tight fit on all pieces. I was pretty happy with the size of the whole kit as well. I expected it to be bigger but am glad it wasn't since all space in precious in these vans.

I picked up the Universal Base Plate as well and that is a beefy piece of metal. Hope to test it all out this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #20

They actually sent me two three inch extensions in stead of one three and one six. Sent them an email with a photo and asked how they wanted to handle it. Got a notice that they sent me a package and two days later I had the six inch extension. Great customer service. All parts fit my existing six ton jack.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote