Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #21

You are correct it appears there there is a plastic collar on the jack that the extensions sit over. The fit is tight and it's good enough for my purposes. Glad to know they are responsive though.

Wirehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:47 PM   #22

I also had a hiccup with my order (12-ton bottle jack recovery kit, among other items). The two bottle jack ram extensions (3" and 6") were oversize at their diameters and the flat and cradle pads would not fit over them. The folks at Safe Jack replaced them quickly and provided a return label for the oversize parts. All in all, pleased with the gear and the customer service. Will put the hardware to field use during the holidays.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #23

Safe Jack Labor Day Sale 8/31 to 9/3/2018

Just got an email from the folks at Safe Jack. They are offering 10% off your entire order using promo code LABOR2018. Offer good from August 31st to September 3rd.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 PM   #24

I carry a small 3 ton Scissor jack and a pieces of 2”X10”. Luckily haven’t had to change a tire yet I run 285’s w a 4 1/2” lift. Hope I’m not blowing it. Thoughts please?
Cruzliife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzliife View Post
I carry a small 3 ton Scissor jack and a pieces of 2”X10”. Luckily haven’t had to change a tire yet I run 285’s w a 4 1/2” lift. Hope I’m not blowing it. Thoughts please?
It is easy enough to check. Just jack up your rig in a parking lot to see if you can get it high enough to change a tire. The blocks and jack also need to be short enough to fit under the rig with a flat and extend far enough to raise the rig high enough to slide the spare on. The 3 ton jack may struggle to raise one corner of the van. I need to check mine too.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #26

THANKS LARRIE for the post. I received my goodies ordered on the promo from Safe-Jack today. YES I spent more $ on metal items that will go sight-unseen on HellBetty and won't add a lik of curb-appeal to her overall appearance But then, when Ive looked at houses I always checked the roof HVAC and mechanicals first off too.

One of these days I'm gonna buy something cool in the way of accessories!

OH WAIT I did splurge on a heritage fund license plate for her. Seemed to go with her shiny black look
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2405.jpg   Pennsylvania-1990s-PRESERVE-OUR-HERITAGE-SAMPLE-License-Plate.jpg  
Old 09-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #27

The first time I had a chance to use my Safe Jack I found I couldn't quite get it under the axle with a flat tire. Luckily I was on a soft shoulder and was able to dig out enough to get the jack lower.

I now carry a Hummer scissor jack in addition to the Safe Jack along with the Safe Jack stands. With all of the extensions they come with and the Hi Lift I carry I should be set for anything.