Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #11

Re: Set of mirrored pop out windows

My 2 cents ..

It seems people want the clear ones so they can have them tinted to match their other windows. The factory mirror tinted ones are exactly that, they are in fact tinted and can be removed in about 10mins with just a razor blade and some Windex. I know this because I've done it.

In the past year I've sold 3 sets of rear pop out windows to fellow forum members. (I make no money on them, I just like going to the junkyards.) One of those sets was the mirror tinted ones that I removed the tint. The rear pop out windows for whatever reason seem to be more available here in the west so I go to the Pick-n-Pulls every once in awhile.

The holy grail is to score a set of factory dark (not mirrored) privacy windows. The darkness is in the glass and not achieved via an applied tint film. These I have only ever seen in pictures but never in person.

Hope this helps™,
Ray

my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #12

Garage

^^^ good info. didnt think the mirror could come off. i half assidily tried on one at the yard and it didnt even want to scratch, so i figured it was more permanent than not.

and x2 on the factory tinted glass. 2 of the windows in my van were like that when i purchased, but neither was a pop out. tried to sell those on here too...no interest. best part about the factory tinted ones is you cant see the black frame "dots" around the window. lots of times when you tint a clear window, it has a hard time sticking in that area, so you see an outline around each piece of glass. most people wouldnt care, but ocd like me, and it bothers you. ive learned to live with my issues...

and same for me on the yard hopping. i find pop-out glass all the time. yardin for van stuff is easy pickins around here, but try and find something for a civic? good freakin luck, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #13

I've been looking for rear pop out windows for a bit.
I'll take them if they're still available?
Just to confirm, do they come with the hardware (hinges, mounts & latches)?

TIA,
Terry
terryc34@gmail.com
2001chromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #14
RnR

We have a '90 E 250 eb SMB and I'm wondering if these windows fit that year/model?
Thanks, RnR
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #15

RnR,

Nope they won't fit. The van body changed in 92. I don't want to hijack this thread but could nab a set for you the next time I go to the Pick-n-Pull if you'd like. In the past I've seen several older, pre-92 donor vans with pop out windows but never pulled them because I've never seen any chatter on the forum looking for them.

Have a great day,
Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote