Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #1

*SOLD* - 1994 Ford E350 4x4 camper

Asking $14,250. RB-50 like home-built interior conversion (expertly done by previous owner). Well maintained with vehicle maintenance records, clean and ready for its next adventure.

68k on remanufactured Jasper engine (approx. 208k total miles)
Quigley 4x4 conversion
Block heater
Trans cooler
Optima batteries
Zantrex inverter/charger
Solar panels
Microwave
Norcold refrigerator
Propane tank
Furnace
Force 10 marine 6 gal. hot water heater
7 gal. water tank
Rear outdoor shower
LED interior lighting
46 gal fuel tank
Front leather seats, passenger swivels
Stove
Banks turbocharger
Banks shift kit
Remote entry
Rear AC
and more!

More pictures on craiglist: http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4636598845.html
Attached Thumbnails
_8252765.jpg   _8252776.jpg   _8252768.jpg  

davefrombinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #2

Re: 1994 Ford E350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 (Sportsmobile like) - $14,

That's a really nice looking van and especially nice homebuild! That should sell pretty quickly.

What's up with the miles, though? In the text you say 208,000, but the CL ad and the odo picture show 118,000.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Dia

Hey, folks,

I haven't seen the van, but I'll vouch for the seller. The wife is a fellow writer, and they're good people. I'll ask about the mileage, but they're selling because they needed a different floorplan due to family size. They found the perfect van, bought it, and are selling this one.

Cheers,

Dia

P.S. Only thing keeping me from jumping on this van is that we want a poptop, and it's ouchy to drop 8 grand on a 94 despite how good this one looks. That, and 4WD would be wasted on us.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
That's a really nice looking van and especially nice homebuild! That should sell pretty quickly.

What's up with the miles, though? In the text you say 208,000, but the CL ad and the odo picture show 118,000.
Thanks! Yeah, we've really enjoyed having it. The mileage is a bit confusing. 208k is the actual total mileage that was disclosed to us by the previous owner plus all the miles we added. I don't have the exact date but during a repair under the previous owner the odometer was reset. But the engine was since rebuilt, and the drive train has also been mostly replaced and is in good condition.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
Hey, folks,

I haven't seen the van, but I'll vouch for the seller. The wife is a fellow writer, and they're good people. I'll ask about the mileage, but they're selling because they needed a different floorplan due to family size. They found the perfect van, bought it, and are selling this one.

Cheers,

Dia

P.S. Only thing keeping me from jumping on this van is that we want a poptop, and it's ouchy to drop 8 grand on a 94 despite how good this one looks. That, and 4WD would be wasted on us.
Thanks for the post Dia! That was kind of the same position we were in. We really needed a poptop but decided in the end to search for a newer sportsmobile with the top, over adding one to this older van. We also really wanted a shoulder strap for our daughter in the back seat and this has all lap belts in the back. Even though we moved on/upgraded I hope this awesome home built conversion makes another owner happy.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #6

Unofficially sold to some friends that have already seen it. Will update this thread next week if anything ends up falling through.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #7

Those front seats look comfy!
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #8

I agree, those seats look comfy! I'd love a set of those seats...anyone know where can I get a set?

-Chris
Agile Offroad 4x4
chrisbaffico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #9

I built the interior of that van.
A couple of notes about it.
It also has factory front and rear AC.
The odometer discrepancy is because I installed a used instrument panel. The transmission would go into limp home mode and I eventually traced it to faulty speed sensor in the speedometer. Once that was replaced, problem solved.
I purchased the seats on line. They are leather and yes very comfortable. Don't remember the company name, but I think they were out of So Cal.
The Force 10 6 gallon water heater has a heat exchanger built into it that is tapped into the engine cooling system.
The cabinets are laminate over 1/2" plywood.
The Jasper re-manufactured engine was installed because the one time I had the oil changed "professionally", the greasy monkeys hydro-locked the engine, and no they didn't pay for the new one.
I kept all receipts and even had the old instrument panel to prove the mileage. Unfortunately, we lost everything in the 4Mile Fire Labor Day 2010 and the buyers had to trust me on a lot of the work costs I had done on it.
There are a lot of custom features I built into the van which I wish I had on our current 05' RB50 and as all SMB owners know we sell them, we will never get out of them the time and money that we put into them.
At that price, someone is getting a great deal.
Tom
05 Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote