Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #1

SOLD ! 2000 Dodge van, w/penthouse top, Under $9,000!!

My 2000 Dodge is sold.

New owner should be joining forum too.

And many thanks again to Jage, for his generous offers to help with pic posts!

My 2000 Dodge 2WD full size pop top van and I currently are in Tucson, Arizona. I may be able to deliver it somewhere else in the west.

The main attraction to my van is that it is affordable to buy and drive.

I only am looking to get about $9,000 for it...which is way cheaper than most of the used SMB's I see advertised.*

There is a simple reason for the low price (no, not high mileage or any mechanical problems).....it is just a very simple version of a nice litle camper van. I may even have to raise the price on it since some folks seem suspicious of such a low sales price!

--It has the pentouse top (with five windows and storage shelves up there),
--it has a front facing couch seat in the rear that folds into a bed,
--a compact 2 cu ft electric refer,
--a one burner stove (or single gas burner, your choice),
--a sink (with elec pump and fresh water tank),
--rear a/c and heat vents, and rear window unit a/c,
--pleated, pull down curtains on all side and rear windows
--and storage cabinets on both sides,
--two flip-up table tops by couch,
--underseat storage,
--a gray water tank,
--a 12v fan by couch,
--a couple of 12v/120 flourescent lights on the ceiling,
--three sliding screened windows,
--and three push out van door windows,

....and for full price comes with a fabric covered porta potti (also very useful for an extra indoor seat) and a very nice, big welded steel framed cargo carrier that attaches to the trailer hitch.

LOW, LOW MILES.....it has only about 83,000 miles.....with the reliable, gas efficient 5.2 ltr V-8.

Since it is not a heavy SMB, overloaded with all of the weighty cabinetry and other cool but expensive and heavy stuff they use for a full factory build, the engine and the tranny on mine have been much less worn by use though the miles of driving than those components would be in a fully loaded, heavier SMB.*

I had the van very carefully and fully checked out by my mechanic before I went on my last big trip, and he said it was in very good condition.

But we bought another camper....a bigger Class B+ 'cause my wife wanted a full bathroom with shower (hey....if she is happy, I am happy) so we have not used the SMB much for camping trips since.

The tires are very good LT truck tires (not the cheap passenger tires often used on lighter vans) and are almost brand new (maybe have 700 miles on them?).

So, this is an affordable, simple conversion and lighter weight van.....good for a daily driver and also for those spur of the moment camp trips one might head off on.

It is painted a dark sparkle blue, with the pop top and full length running boards painted to match, and has nice chrome wheels too.

If you are interested in this van, please send me an email.
Attached Thumbnails
close up side doors open.jpg   rt door open top up.jpg   wide angle interior.jpg  

gbail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #2

Re: 2000 Dodge 2WD Penthouse Van coming up for sale

Oh, I forgot to add something to that first "for sale" post.....

I am interested in a possible trade since I can't really let go of the idea of owning a SMB.

I would happily discuss with any of you selling your poptop 4WD SMB to me in trade for my simpler Dodge popup and/or my 2007 Chevy 4WD pickup, and/or my 2004 Forest River Lexington 21 ft class B+ (has about 45,000 miles on it), plus cash as needed, depending on whatever permutation of trades and such we could come up with.

The truck is in great shape, has only 22,000 miles, is a loaded Z-71 Siverado model, with a long bed, with the four door extra cab.....

Main thing is.....I have four vehicles right now, am moving and would like to get down to only two.

My best end result would be keeping wife's Suby Outback and getting rid of three units above for one fully loaded 4WD SMB......preferable a Chevy SMB (I like the longer wheelbase), or Ford with the 7.3-- or with the smaller gas engine or even with the 6.0 but post 2008 (hey, I'm trying to be flexible!).

Just to throw the idea out there to those of you trying to sell your newer, more expensive 4WD rigs!

But obviously I will sell this van outright if I find no horse traders out there.

Cheers,
Bailey
Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #3

Do you have any pictures to post?
taverre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #4

Re: 2000 Dodge 2WD Penthouse Van up for sale

I have about 25 pics posted now in my gallery and can also send interested potential buyers a few more if they send me their direct email addresses.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #5

If you are still interested in this van and want to see any other specific views of it, please send me a pm or an email with your regular email address.

It is easier for me to send you additional pics from my regular email than try to post them on the forum.

Cheers,
Bailey,
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #6

Pics coming soon

Thx for all of the emailed responses guys.

I got the pics taken and sent out to those who have pm'ed and eml'ed me by end of the weekend.

.....also, the pics are up on my gallery now.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #7

Re: 2000 Dodge 2WD Penthouse Van $8,800 coming up for sale

PICS NOW UP ON MY GALLERY !!!!!

I have had about 8 pm's on this ad and now, thanks to a friend with a real computer, we were able to get pics up of the van on my gallery for those of you good folks who asked me for some pictures.

so, take a look!

I wanted to add:

--this is a B1500 Dodge Van with the gas efficient 5.2 liter engine.

--the forward facing couch has seat belts,

--we put a folded foam pad between each edge of the bed and the rear and side windows, to make the bed about 72' by 62, and we have enough room for me to comfortably stretch out in the bed (I am 6' tall).

--we have about 3' of plywood shelving in the upper bunk area, in the rear, that is used when the top is up for storing duffle bags, etc that would be in the downstairs (stored behind the couch seat back) when we are driving.

--I have taken out the electric stove top and use a butane stove in place of the electric one, but we still have the electric one and can re-install it.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #8

Re: 2000 Dodge 2WD, $8,800, Will be listing it on CL this we

Hey.........Someone gimme a bump, please?

Wow!.........After all of the forum discussions I have read in the past from folks complaining about how expensive SMB vans are, I am rather surprised that I have have had so little follow through to my posting of this very nice, simple and affordable van from those who initially emailed me?

Oh, well, maybe I will have to keep mine for a few more years....but I would rather sell it! LOL!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #9

good luck on the sale.

Perhaps you want to list it with sportsmobile used car division.
they charge 1500 if it sells from a person who contacts them.

This way you are playing to a wider audience.
Plus there are other Dodges for sale with them and yours would be the most reasonable.

Great entry level and may sell fast through Sportsmobile.com

Contact Lynn Joseph in the Fresno office and put it up for slightly more to cover their fees.

Looks like a great combo for someone.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbail
Hey.........Someone gimme a bump, please?

Wow!.........After all of the forum discussions I have read in the past from folks complaining about how expensive SMB vans are, I am rather surprised that I have have had so little follow through to my posting of this very nice, simple and affordable van from those who initially emailed me?

Oh, well, maybe I will have to keep mine for a few more years....but I would rather sell it! LOL!
Bailey, I've sent you a few emails but haven't heard back from you. Maybe there's a glitch in the software. Anyway, I'm interested if there's adequate headroom (I'm 6'3). I looked at copescobra's Dodge and it didn't have enough headroom but that one has the SMB captain's chairs and I understand yours doesn't. Thanks.
ccsmb is offline   Reply With Quote