Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #1

SOLD 2000 E-350 Quigley 4x4 7.3 PSD homebuild project $12K

SOLD

Hi

With a heavy heart I am listing my homebuild 4x4 camper project for sale. The short of it is: I have 8 cars and trucks on the road. Between registrations, excise taxes, maintenance, insurance, tires, etc, I am starting to feel overwhelmed. This vehicle unfortunately is the only one which is purely a luxury to own (not necessary).

If you have been on the homebuild forum, you may remember Elvis the Beluga Whale. I bought the van as a retired appliance repair vehicle from the original owner. At that time the van had 324,000 miles ( ) on the odometer. It now has maybe 327,000 or so. I was told before purchasing the van that the engine was rebuilt around 274,000 miles, as well as transmission replaced. I have no paperwork to support that claim. I would drive the vehicle without hesitation as my wife and I have on several occasions the past two summers. We have gone camping 5 hours from home with no trouble ever.

the good: 7.3 power stroke diesel
quigley 4x4

fixed 32" high top provides 6' 7" clear inside. great potential for a folding bunk up top
aluminess rear bumper with tire carrier and spare, xl storage box on swingout with custom thule bike racks on top.
5 pretty new BFG AT KOs
bushwacker fender flares
fiamma 8' x 6' awning
working sink with grey water holding tank
xl storage under the van accessed through custom floor hatch
espar heater mounted but not plumbed to fuel tank
insulated floor 1" foil faced foam
vinyl flooring
fold out bench to bed
porta potty in cabinet
drivers side wall insulated 1/2" foil faced foam and sheathed in 1/4" ply
other shelves installed still without doors
new front brake pads
new front sway bar bushings
electrical system parts yet to be installed : 2000 watt inverter charger, 2 agm 200 amp/hour batteries, voltmeter, solenoid for battery connection
12 gallon fresh water capacity with exterior fill
exterior electrical plug in , not wired yet
water pump, temp interior led lighting and one exterior led light temped onto one agm battery with a distribution fuse block
i'm sure theres lots more stuff but thats a start

the bad: high mileage
currently needs a brake booster pump? or ? as the brake pedal becomes very hard at low rpms when coasting into stop signs. I'm sure guys on this forum know the cause and the fix. i have yet to investigate. I bought a booster from a guy on this forum but havent even opened the box yet. I would like to install it before the van sells.
its a project. we use it but it is really unfinished inside other than the drivers side. the fiberglass top is not finished off inside as I had intentions of adding upper sliding windows, then insulating and finishing with fabric
drivers seat is the only part of the van that screams 327,000 miles. it is very uncomfortable as the seat bottom is torn and some foam missing.
The paint is in rough shape from the previous owner removing the vinyl decals with (a rake?) I buffed it after I bought it, but it is pretty scratched up. also a rust spot on the rocker which looks to be an easy fix for the right person.
I'm sure there are other things in this category too.

PRICE $14,000 with all extra parts. I know what I have into it and will certainly entertain offers. I would like to pick up a slide-in truck camper ( blasphemy!) after the sale of this rig. To camp 4 or 5 times a year just doesnt warrant owning this van. it really sits too much in the garage.

I am not parting this out. Please dont ask for the rear bumper or ash tray, etc
I am not facing financial hardships and do not need to fire sale this.
Please refrain from using this thread to voice your opinions about high mileage vehicles. i am sure there are other threads for that.

teeots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #2

Re: 2000 Ford E-350 Quigley 4x4 7.3 PSD homebuild project fs

Looks awesome, good luck with the sale.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 AM   #3

Thanks. It photographs well.

I listed it locally on craigslist for 17,000. that will include all un-installed parts and pieces. (mostly electrical system)
Old 03-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #4

If someone is interested in the van as converted MINUS the rear aluminess bumper and swingouts, box, rack, etc and MINUS the uninstalled electrical parts (2 agm batteries, and 2000 watt inverter charger).

then I would sell for $12K.

Aluminess parts are not for sale by themselves at this time.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #5

Garage
2000 Ford E-350 Quigley 4x4 7.3 PSD homebuild project fs

Teeots, I thought I needed a booster but didn't. I have the one I bought but didn't need if you want to take care of the brakes before the sale. The booster is an easy install. Pm if you are interested. Also, one of my techs hit a tree with the 2010 E250 and totaled it. There are great seats in it and insurance has not picked it up yet. Another possibility.

Brad
Old 03-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #6

Hey Thanks. I will pm you. I do want to fix the brakes asap as the season is approaching.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to jamnjim

So bummed as I would buy your van in a heartbeat if I had not picked up a Quigley as home build project a few months ago. Yours would be perfect and the miles don't bother me a bit. Oh well, if you know of anyone looking for a 2006 Ford Quigley with 100k miles on the 6.0, I would do a quick sale to get this bad boy! Sorry to see that you are letting it go, looks fun!
jamnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #8

Thanks Jim

I will continue to enjoy this rig as long as I own it!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #9

Re: 2000 E-350 Quigley 4x4 7.3 PSD homebuild project $14K

I bought a brake booster (thank you vandiesel) but have yet to open the box it came in. I will end up taking it to my mechanic because my business is too busy right now for me to even conceive of wrenching on the van.

I dropped the price to $14K with all extra uninstalled parts.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #10

Re: 2000 E-350 Quigley 4x4 7.3 PSD homebuild project $14K

DUDE
heavey heart for sure

I hear the sad Whale Songs clear from the Atlantic to the Pacific

Best of Luck w/ sale

killer deal

bw
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote