Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #1

Garage
SOLD: 2001 e350 4x4 $15k

After 8 years I'm ready to part with my van. I would like to:
  • Sell quickly as-is. I don't want to make this a project - if I put time/effort/money in prepping the van for best price I'll be tempted to keep it one more year.
  • Sell to a good home - someone who appreciates it. I could donate it to charity or trade it in at a dealer - that might be easy but not very satisfying.
  • Get just enough to feel I'm not being taken advantage of. I figure if this wrecked 2001 is worth $10K I'm OK w/$15K.
You can find a description in my garage, see pics in my album or search for my posts. If it doesn't sell quickly I'll give in and put some work into it, then put it up again at a higher price next Spring, probably on eBay, craigslist and/or other sites.

Full disclosure issues (can provide more detail if you're interested):
- If you search my posts you'll find I had rust problems in 2010 but they were sufficiently resolved to put on 55K miles. Still rust is an issue - I can post or send more pics if you're interested.
- 2 weeks ago a mild intermittent shimmy developed. Believe it's tranny related as it only occurs at highway speed when downshifting from overdrive. Drove it again a few days ago and couldn't really reproduce - just a hint that I only noticed because I was looking for it.
- Aux fuel transfer pump is unreliable. "No Flow" error means there's insufficient flow from the reserve tank to the main. I think it's related more to the fuel line between the two. Still runs fine on main tank, but dash gauge falls to empty until the error is cleared.

You can also see pictures at https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberspaeth/
Attached Thumbnails
P1020448.JPG  
Attached Images

cyberspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #2

where are you located? in NC? sent PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #3

PM sent. Thanks,Jason
Nesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #4

Smb

Can you send me some photos of the undercarriage or a picture of the rust you mentioned? Also, did you fix the brake issue you were having? Thanks.

Travis

detailinprogress@hotmail.com
tmoraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
MSD

Garage
The race is on... this is a good deal. Put some elbow grease into it and you'll have a good rig.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #6

Garage
Since I said I'd post more pictures of rust, here is what I currently have / can find. I think these are about a year old. Sorry, I guess these don't add much. I've also sent links to some old before / after pics of the remediation to those who have PM'd me. I hope to get some new pictures soon.

BTW I'm in Asheville NC.
Attached Thumbnails
P1020443.JPG   P1020447.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #7

Garage
Withdrawn from market (for now at least)

Unable to find a buyer, so I'll put a little work into it and probably put it back up in the Spring (though possibly not on this forum, and at a somewhat higher price depending on how much I put into it).
Old 12-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #8

Garage
May have a buyer for you if still interested (they are in Raleigh NC)- I've been discussing your van with them for the last 4 days, didnt expect you to pull off the market though - PM Sent
Old 12-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #9

Can you pm me with mileage and any additional pics? New here, looking to buy, right around what I’d like to spend
Dakvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #10

I'd post up some 'after' pics if you want a quick buyer. Posting 'before' rust fix pics only runs people off. Looks like a nice van. You shouldn't have trouble selling for your price if the rust has been fixed.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote