Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1

SOLD: 2006 E350 5.4L van with CCV PH top

Family obligations (eldercare) mean that there will be no opportunities for camping in the foreseeable future, so I've reluctantly decided to sell my van.

Ready for camping now! Sleeps 3 adults (2 adults up, single down). Seats 2.

The van is a 2006 RB E350 5.4L V8 with 67,500 miles and a lot of Colorado Camper Van conversion work (see below).

Asking $19K (negotiable) Located in Austin, TX.

The value of the CCV and SMB work is $17,000 -- so this is a great deal for someone looking for a van to "make their own." The interior can easily be changed because there is no white/grey water system to work around.

The van started as a 12 passenger van. The seats behind the driver were removed, and a plywood floor topped with Allure vinyl planks installed. (Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3679) Windows are deeply tinted, and simple but effective curtains/shades lined with blackout cloth hang on aluminum rods.

Considerable work was done in Fall 2012 by Colorado Camping Van (CCV), including the PH with insulated top and sidewall fabric, LED lights, a 100W solar panel with MPPT controller and battery monitor, a 6500 BTU Propex furnace, a propane tank with internal coupling, a roof rack and two rooftop fans (roof air can be added -- see http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewto ... 51&start=0 .)

The CCV build was done with the intention of making a four season camper: fully insulated for winter, great airflow for summer.

In 2009 SMB-Tx installed a 4D-AGM battery and a SurePower 1315 separator. They also relocated the rear roof air from the ceiling to the rearmost driver’s side column.

Other goodies include front and rear hitches, and of course Bushwacker flares.

The interior is a center aisle design, which allows for storage of bicycles if needed. The passenger side is a single bunk with storage and the driver’s side a large cabinet with a pull out desk, suitable for laptop work.

Here are a few photos. Scroll below the photos to find a detailed bullet list describing the van.

Roof down. Note Bushwackers and front hitch. OK, you can’t see the front hitch, but it’s there!

PH up – note ladder (roof rack access) and rear hitch

Roof rack – fore and aft fans, 100W solar panel, expanded steel cargo deck with lashing points. view looking forward from ladder

Solar control center: MPPT controller and IPN battery monitor

This has the big CCV top: two adults can sleep AND sit up fully in bed.

Side door galley box with flip up table

Center aisle design. Lots of storage in cabinet and under bunk/sofa. The bunk top swings up and is held by gas struts -- plenty of storage for bulky items under the bunk.

Rear ceiling air is re-directed through vents on rear pillar

View through side doors: cooler cabinet and map/books/etc cubbies behind driver.

Interior hookup for a Coleman stove for cooking with the onboard propane. Tucks away behind counter.

Counter over cooler cabinet opens upward for easy access.

The cabinet has two large drawers with moveable dividers, as well as two lower storage compartments.

And here's the pull-out desktop.

View through the rear doors. Note that this is not a "pass through" design, but the rear storage shelves could removed with relatively little effort.

-----------------------------------------------

2006 Ford RB E350 5.4L V8
  • Former 12 passenger van (power windows/locks, cruise, front and rear air, etc)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • 67,500 miles[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • New alternator: Jan 2011[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Usual nicks and dings for a 6 year old van[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Small dent in rear bumper [/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Speaker cover on side 60 door is cracked. [/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Seats two [/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Floor: 3/8” plywood + Allure vinyl flooring (easy to remove – nothing is glued down).
    [/*:m:323j25xs]

Work by Colorado Camper Vans (Fall 2012, warrantied to Nov. 2013)

Roof
  • CCV 16” rise electric pop-top roof with LED lights (roof and lights on remote fob as well as interior rocker switches)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Quiet Ride insulation[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Arctic wall fabric (Triple Wall Insulation)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Color match paint[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Fantastic Fan with Remote (front fan)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Fantastic Fan, manual (rear fan)[/*:m:323j25xs]

Solar
  • GS100 Solar Panel (AM Solar, Springfield OR)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Blue Sky IPN-ProRemote battery monitor[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • BlueSky SolarBoost 2512i(X) MPPT controller[/*:m:323j25xs]

Propane
  • Propex furnace (6500 btu)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Under carriage propane tank with side panel access[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Feeder tube into van with Coleman fitting[/*:m:323j25xs]

Interior
  • Single fixed bed with hinged lid (Passenger side)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Side door cabinet with swing up table[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Long side cabinet with drawers, pull out table[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Cabinet for cooler, 27" x 20" x 19h", top-opening. 12V socket inside cabinet. Fits Edgestar 43 qt cooler (not included).[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Pass-through 110V Marinco outlet [/*:m:323j25xs]

Other
  • Bushwacker Fender Flares[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Rear ladder[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Roof rack with expanded steel deck[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Porch light (works by wall switch or on remote)[/*:m:323j25xs]

Work by SMB-TX (Fall 2009)
  • House Battery: 4D AGM (under side step)[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • SurePower 1315-200 battery separator[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • re-routed rear air from ceiling to driver's rear pillar[/*:m:323j25xs]

Other stuff
  • Front hitch[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Rear hitch[/*:m:323j25xs]
  • Tinted windows all around[/*:m:323j25xs]

----------------------------------------------

Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Re: For Sale: 2006 E350 5.4L van with CCV PH top

Wow-- followed your build and it was great.
sorry to hear you are having to give it up but do know how family obligations trumps
fun for now.

Great asking price and if was not in the midst of an outrageous costly build I would
buy yours as it has everything one needs to hit the road and have fun.

good luck with the sale.

Maybe also post on Expedition portal.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #3

Very cool custom layout and build! I agree on the solid asking price... I'd be surprised if it doesn't get snatched up quickly. Best of luck with the sale!
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #4

Looks great! I too am sorry to hear you are having to sell. I hope it moves quickly for you and I'm sure it will.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Thanks for your comments!

The floorplan has worked well for me, but here's the cool thing for the next owner, if he/she has home-brew tendencies: because there is no piping or water tank or elaborate wiring in the cabinets, it would be easy for someone to remodel the interior to suit their tastes/needs. For example, I can envision modifying the side cabinet and adding bike mount brackets, or a ski/ kayak/SUP/windsurf storage system to keep valuable toys safe inside the van.

I took out the factory seats and seatbelts, but of course the bolt holes are still there, so it could be reconfigured with new seats.

Or it would make a cool Transformer...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

Several years back we took took care of my dad til he passed on and we had to sell our beautiful motorhome due to lack of use. We got a much cheaper rig and found time to go with the help of my wife s sisters. Tough times but totally worth it. I think my kids are better people for it. My wife and her family were great. My family,not so much. Best wishes.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #7

Hi --

After a few questions, I thought I'd provide more information about how the CCV PH tops work.

Derek wires the PH to work from a rocker switch in the van (in my van, next to the side door) and from a "remote control" key fob. The fob can control up to four items.

In my van, there is a panel of three rocker switches and a 12V outlet on the van wall just inside the side doors, which control the PH lift, the roof LED lights, and the porch light. I can stand at the door holding the switch and watch the PH go up or down.

The fob (show here on a spiral keychain along with the key to the propane door) uses positions 1 and 2 to raise and lower the PH. Positions 3 and 4 control the roof LEDs and the porch light.

Hope this makes the CCV set-up a bit clearer!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #8

Re: 2006 E350 5.4L van with CCV PH top. $19K (neg.)

Is this still available?
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #9

I talk to Greydawg somewhat regularly. Last I heard it was but she had 2 perspective buyers. That was about a week ago. Did you pm/email her?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
I talk to Greydawg somewhat regularly. Last I heard it was but she had 2 perspective buyers. That was about a week ago. Did you pm/email her?

The van is still available. There have been three "serious" potential buyers -- the first backed out when he couldn't get financing for anything but the E350 portion, and the second decided at the last minute to go for a higher mileage 2001 Dodge SMB.

The third backed out last night, cancelling (for the second time) the inspection that was to be done this morning. He's back to sitting on the fence, and I don't think he'll ever get off the fence.

So the van is still available. Asking $19,000 / obo. The value of the CCV and SMB work is $17,000.

It's a really good deal if you want something that's ready to go now, but would be easy to modify to suit your needs.

email: TxVan2006 (at) gmail.com