Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #1

SOLD: 2006 E350 Sportsmobile EB-50 Penthouse Top 4x4 Diesel Van - $72500

Also posted here: https://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2...572097257.html

2006 Ford E350 Diesel 6.0
SMB EB-50 layout
Manual Penthouse Top with extra-long upper bed
Sportsmobile 4x4 system -the van has an outstanding turning radius - much better than most pickup trucks.
Upgraded Stereo w Navigation, DVD player, XM Radio, and Subwoofer
15″ Fold Down TV for DVD viewing
Microwave
Sink
Refrigerator (with extra insulation and sound deadening added)
All interior lights converted to low draw LED lamps
Exterior (LED) Lights on passenger and driver sides
Porta Potti
Inverter/Charger
Espar Airtronic Diesel Furnace
Espar Hydronic/Flat Plate Diesel Water Heater
Exterior Shower
House Battery - 220 amp AGM
XL Under Floor Storage
Extensive in cab sound deadening and heat protection
Seat covers
Yakima Top Rack bars and Large Roof Top Basket (Basket not pictured but included in sale)
Powder-coated Nerf Steps
Aluminess Front & Rear Bumpers with Lights and additional storage in both bumpers
Front Winch
Front and Rear Receiver Hitch (Front hitch can carry a bike rack, cooler rack, etc.
Rear Tire Carrier
Amsoil Dual Oil Filtration System
Rear Open Storage Box (fits four - 5 gallon 'jerry cans')
Upgraded Wheels & Tires -Teflon Coated Rims and 315/75 R16 Wrangler DuraTrac Tires
Penthouse top and van roof coated with "Rhino Lining" for durability and improved road noise reduction
Full Deaver Spring packs front and rear with custom-valve Bilstein shocks - a $10k upgrade. These are a tremendous upgrade in terms of drivability on washboard and gravel roads as well as handling on the highway)
Bushwhacker Fender Flares
Interior Fly Rod holder (3 rods)
Penthouse Top Canvas in excellent condition - never stored wet
Penthouse Top Windows still in crystal clear condition (not clouded like many others for sale)
Scan Gauge Engine Monitor
Lockable fuel door
Sway bar disconnects allowing for improved wheel travel in rocky/bumpy terrain
Pueblo Gold Color (Light Tan)
No dents, accident repairs, dings or ever any bodywork done to it
90,000 miles

For Sale is a very nice Sportsmobile Van. Extended Body with the "50" interior layout that maximizes living space and storage space. This is a true "West Coast" vehicle that's barely never been east of Idaho.
The vehicle has been used regularly but never abused - which is actually a good thing because the diesel appliances seem to be more reliable with regular use. All features and both the diesel furnace and water heater work flawlessly.
This van has never been "chipped", never been in an accident and is NOT a salvage title or anything like that.

$72,500
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7848 small.jpg   IMG_7875 small.jpg   IMG_7858 small.jpg   IMG_7863 small.jpg   IMG_7865 small.jpg  

DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #2

Really nice one!
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #3

Thanks. Happy to answer any questions or provide more photos as needed.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:19 PM   #4

Garage
Nice van, might be worthwhile to mention if its manual or electric pop top
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #5

Duh, thanks MAxx. Updated above (manual)
Old 04-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKCSUN View Post
Thanks. Happy to answer any questions or provide more photos as needed.
G'day,

Do you have leaf or coil springs on front & rear?

How much the lift 4, 5 or 6 inch lift?

What model number are Bilstein Shocks please?

Can I ask for picture of front springs & shockabsorber please?

My brother-in--law wants a Ford Sportsmobile like mine.

Cheers Doug
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #7

Beautiful color. Good luck with sale!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #8

Hi Doug.

The Deaver suspension included new leaf spring packs front and rear and custom/matched valves based on the weight of the van.

The front has 10 leafs (or is it leaves?) in the front and 12 in the rear. I couldn't find any numbers on the shocks or reservoirs that might help indicate the settings. If its that important to a buyer I could easily call Deaver and get the finer details.

The lift is the "stock" lift from SMB so I'm not sure how much they did on this model year. I would be surprised if its more than 4" but I am not an expert in such things.

Someone on the forum here might know what the standard setup was like for an SMB 4WD van (as opposed to Quigly 4WD)

Below is a picture of the front setup showing shock, res and springs. Sorry for the mud, the detailer is coming tomorrow to freshen things up a bit.

NOTE: Anyone that has ridden in the "normal" SMB setup at the time knows that it was a bone crushing, kidney pounding experience. The Deaver spring pack was, quite simply, the single best $10k we spent on the entire van since our normal travel included very little true "4wd travel" but lots of gravel roads and washboards that would have left us going to the dentist to get fillings replaced. This suspension makes the van drivable at good speeds over uneven terrain. A buyer of a similar rig WITHOUT this upgrade may be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4558 (2).jpg  
Old 04-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKCSUN View Post
Hi Doug.

The Deaver suspension included new leaf spring packs front and rear and custom/matched valves based on the weight of the van.

The front has 10 leafs (or is it leaves?) in the front and 12 in the rear. I couldn't find any numbers on the shocks or reservoirs that might help indicate the settings. If its that important to a buyer I could easily call Deaver and get the finer details.

The lift is the "stock" lift from SMB so I'm not sure how much they did on this model year. I would be surprised if its more than 4" but I am not an expert in such things.

Someone on the forum here might know what the standard setup was like for an SMB 4WD van (as opposed to Quigly 4WD)

Below is a picture of the front setup showing shock, res and springs. Sorry for the mud, the detailer is coming tomorrow to freshen things up a bit.

NOTE: Anyone that has ridden in the "normal" SMB setup at the time knows that it was a bone crushing, kidney pounding experience. The Deaver spring pack was, quite simply, the single best $10k we spent on the entire van since our normal travel included very little true "4wd travel" but lots of gravel roads and washboards that would have left us going to the dentist to get fillings replaced. This suspension makes the van drivable at good speeds over uneven terrain. A buyer of a similar rig WITHOUT this upgrade may be disappointed.
The standard Deaver setup was Bilsteins 5165 series. The were not really custom-valved but did come with the most aggressive damping profile from Deaver.

25-177503, 360/80 linear (Front)
25-177473, 360/240 digressive (rear)

I've toyed with changing the valving and going to 400/100 linear profile. Gernerally, digressive is best suited for daily paved roads and linear is best for non-paved roads.

Either way, Deaver springs are a huge upgrade to the van. Good luck with your sale and hope you stick around on the forum!
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #10

Thanks JoeH!