Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #1

SOLD: 2015 Ford Transit T350 work/camp build

My van is for sale:

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto...757064138.html

I'm selling my work and play van that I have built and used over the last year. The van is in superb shape and has many upgrades but work changes have forced me in to a bigger work truck.

Ideal van for Expedite/hauling, which I set it up for and doubles as a complete family camper/travel van.

This van has a payload of #4k and a tow rating of #5k though I've never towed anything with it.

It can fit two full size pallets (48x48") up to almost 5' high and 3 smaller 40x48" pallets.

Though I've never towed with it, it has been beefed up for extra capacity with rear axle air bags, limited slip differential and E-rated tires.

I purchased the van as a completely stock T350 passenger wagon and stripped out much of the rear leaving some seat tracks, lighting, rear AC and heat and some trim which I built around. I come from a van camping background and wanted a van that could do it all.

Currently the van seats 5, forward facing with OEM seats and belts and can quickly be modified to haul whatever you might need to haul.

The van has an infinitely adjustable platform bed in the back that can be set from floor to ceiling level. It is 4' wide but only about 5' long due to rear seat headrest considerations. It can be easily lengthened to suit your needs.

The van:
2015 Ford T350 3.5l Ecoboost twin-turbo wagon
Gray vinyl/leatherette
Power windows, door locks, mirrors, tilt, steering wheel controls/info center/overhead console
Factory rear reverse camera
Front and rear air
Privacy glass throughout, front windows tinted to match
6 speed automatic trans
All books and records, 3 key fobs, bought from original owner in Atlanta
No rust or accidents
Synthetic oil and all fluids done on regular schedule
All factory recalls (only one that I remember) done on schedule

Chassis upgrades:
Ultra Toil black aluminum wheels added, currently on almost new Toyo Open Country ATII tires (245/75/16)
OEM 3:31 rear gearset changed to Eaton Trutrac limited slip with 3:73 gearset
5-star Tune upgrade (chip) with plug in controller and 3 tunes (eco, tow, power). This eliminates turbo lag and unleashes the power of the Ecoboost which was already very impressive
Tow hitch added but never towed, added for bumper/step only
Supplemental rear airbags added to rear axle, can be filled by on board air compressor (more below)
Viair 450 air compressor/tank added with interior switch and gauge and 2 quick connects on sides of vehicle. You can run power tools, air up bags, inflate tires and much more from the vehicle.
Transmission fluid/filter and torque converter replaced at 75k (did it all while I was in there)
Brakes upgraded to Fleet/HD pads, lots of life left

The camper/travel upgrades:
2 Maxxair vents in ceiling
Insulated throughout
LED ceiling lights on fixed switches and remote controlled
Birch cabinetry throughout
Tripplite 1250 Powerverter (inverter/converter) with 120v shore power plug at rear bumper
Microwave in rear cabinet
AC outlets throughout
DC power points throughout
Two 6v golf cart batteries (200 amp hour bank)
Blue Sea battery isolator charges house bank from alternator and chassis battery from house bank when plugged in to shore power
Swivel passenger seat with Lagun (brand) adjustable table
Dometic/SMEV single burner propane stove and sink combination
6 gallon fresh water tank in cabinets (not under van in the weather)
No gray water tank, sink drains to ground
Heavy rubber barn mats on top of floor are very easy to clean and essentially bulletproof
Diesel furnace has it's own tank in rear door. Uses about 1 quart of diesel per night in cold weather. Can maintain 70 deg. in absolutely any weather and is whisper quiet
Truckfridge T130 12v refrigerator runs for 3 days minimum without cranking van.

As the pictures show the cabinetry is not stained/finished in this van. There are several things I would upgrade if I had the time such as cabinet stain, molding and countertops. The van is complete and usable as is, however, and is ready for any trip anywhere. We just got out of it yesterday but I have too many vehicles to keep it.

Other than cabinetry (which you might be fine with as is) the van is in perfect condition. It gets about 17 mpg driven at any speed and drives like a sedan.

I have many more pictures of the conversion of this van available, please ask for whatever you'd like to see.

Blue book on this van is approx $23k but I have invested a lot of money and man hours in the upgrades.
Title is clean and is with a local bank a couple blocks from my home.
I'm 10 minutes from TYS Knoxville airport and can work with you on a showing/shipping or whatever.

Eric
865-518-2478

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
Site Team

There's a certain deja vu about this, but I can't put my finger on it.

Herb
Old 11-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #3

So what kind of van are you building out next?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:09 AM   #4

Transit is sold
Old 12-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #5

Garage

no vans huh? not even vans shoes?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

no vans huh? not even vans shoes?
I still have a few of those. No vans (with engines) at the moment.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #7

You must feel sort of naked. Not necessarily nekkid, but maybe kind of naked. Big distinction between those two in TN I think.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #8

True.