Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #1

SOLD: Adventure cargo trailer $1950 (Calif)

Hi Folks, I'm selling this wonderful gear trailer I purchased for off-road car camping. I towed it behind my Explorer (pictured) on one trip before buying the SMB. I don't need the extra cargo capacity anymore, but maybe you do? Cavernous inside with locking lid. Carry firewood, extra water, fuel, camping gear, bicycles, coolers, etc. Tows like it is not even there.

FOR SALE: cargo trailer (on-road/off-road)
Adventure Sports Products SRT1
37 cu ft storage with locking lid.
Gel coated Fiberglass body on powder-coated steel chassis.
Independent suspension - rubber torsion bar.
Yakima track on top to carry bikes, kayaks, etc. (rack not included)
Body roughly 82" long x 49" wide.
Weighs just 250 lbs empty - very easy to wheel around by hand
Garage-kept (stored it upright on end in my garage).
500 lb cargo payload (150 lb rack capacity).
30" all terrain tires for >17" of clearance.

Online review of the street version:
http://www.mountainzone.com/gear/suv/ut ... eview.html

Excellent condition (used less than 1000 miles, garage kept, bought new in 2003)

New Retail was $3570. Will sell for just $1950. Available for pickup in San Diego, CA (or negotiate to meet somewhere in the Southwest US).

jrtozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: Adventure cargo trailer $1950 (Calif)

Hi, I have been looking at some trailer options including the adventure trailers, mucho denero. How has this held up for you, are there any signs of stress at the hinge points? woried about it being fiberglass and holding up over time. I am planning a trip to Baja next spring and need some cargo space to haul some stuff down. How is the security on the trailer. Thanks-REF

P.S it seems that the manufacturer is down the road from me in CO, or is that just a distributor in Golden. I will go check them out there, also could not find this particular model on thier web site, only the tow behinds for motorcycles.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #3

Re: Adventure cargo trailer $1950 (Calif)

Hi, I cannot really attest to the long-term durability because I have only used it on one 2-week trip. It still looks new, and from the way it appears to be built, I imagine it is very strong - probably overbuilt! The hinges are solid: I carried two mtn bikes plus a motorized bike (heavy) on top and it worked fine. As for security, It has a single key lock that seems secure to me (e.g., it won't pull open at the edges when locked). I guess someone would have to pick the lock or cut thru the fiberglass with a power-saw. Also, there is a hole for a padlock to secure the trailer to your tow vehicle. You are correct, the original manufacturer does not build these off-road trailers anymore - they focus on sports car and motorcycle trailers now. Did I forget anything?

-J.R.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #4

Re: SOLD: Adventure cargo trailer $1950 (Calif)

Sold it locally yesterday. Thanks for looking. -J.R.