Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 PM   #11

Lazybummm is the new owner of these steps, I had forgotten to get the model number before he left, but I'm sure he won't have a problem giving out that info.

It's always an occasion when there's more than one of these in the same place.
Attached Thumbnails
2van.jpg  

gwbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbuild View Post
Lazybummm is the new owner of these steps, I had forgotten to get the model number before he left, but I'm sure he won't have a problem giving out that info.

It's always an occasion when there's more than one of these in the same place.
Thanks gwbuild for the steps! You have a beautiful van!

I looked for the model number earlier today and saw a 4 digit number stamped on the step, but not sure if that's correct. I will post it tomorrow
lazybummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #13

Garage
gwbuild - nice of you to supply the bracket measurements & post the Pic's...I too would appreciate the Model # when you have the chance.
Oddly I haven't seen anything on the sale yet, have you already sold these?
Old 04-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #14

That setup was made from (1) 75107-01A Hummer H2 running board kit and also (2) 20-03752-79 79” running board extrusions. The board extrusions that come with the H2 kit are too short and IMO...fugly.

AMP hasn't sold parts separately in the past that I've heard of. Have to buy a kit and toss what isn't used. Anyone want some H2 running board extrustions?
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
gwbuild - nice of you to supply the bracket measurements & post the Pic's...I too would appreciate the Model # when you have the chance.
Oddly I haven't seen anything on the sale yet, have you already sold these?
Yes they sold, someone was nice enough to mark this thread "sold", thank you.

Lazybummm I think is adding the model here. The boards were 85" long (I believe the longest AMP offers), and were about 10" short between the wheel wells. For the those who were concerned about the look of the short boards, when the doors are closed you don't notice as the boards are retracted up under the rockers, and they don't look bad when extended either.
gwbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #16

If you are still looking for steps, I have a set. The driver side is a shorty and the passenger side is full length. I am not going to mount them. I tried every way to keep the mount adapters from hanging down but it is not worth my time. I am going to make 2x6 sliders and incorporate a removable side step for the wife, she is the one that needs it. I will do the same for the side door. It will be like a trailer hitch with 1" receiver of the side. Ive thought of just dropping it in from the top. I'll figure it out!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:27 PM   #17

Vanimal, are your AMP steps still available? If so will they work on an 02 E350 7.3 ext?
Psnl2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:24 AM   #18

Yes but I would have to make the adapted mounts to them. If your serious about them I can get started on the task!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote