Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #1

****SOLD**** Camburg 2WD suspension lift

****SOLD****Selling my Camburg front suspension lift from my 2010 E350 van. I love the suspension but regrettably have to get rid of it after only having it on the van for a couple months and about 800 miles. The brakes and wheel bearings have about 1400 miles total on them. The only reason is our wakeboard boat and boat ramps we use are too much for a 2WD vehicle (downright scary for my wife), so the van is in the process of being converted to 4WD. There are some naysayers of the bent beam lift around, but I highly recommend this route over drop down brackets, for someone who wants to lift their van over converting to 4WD. I would not be selling this if I didn't use the van to pull our boat. This suspension costs $3195 installed at Camburg. I will sell the complete setup for $2200 as you see it in the pictures. There is also a small box with the smaller pieces in it which I don't have a picture of. Pick up only in Huntington Beach, CA.

ctimrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #2

Re: Camburg 2WD suspension lift

If your rig is a 2010, what other years does this equipment fit? Do you know?
Thanks Woot......
WOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOT
Thanks Woot......
Mine is a 2010. I don't know how long these vans have gone without changes to the suspension, others on the forum can answer this question way better than I could. It should go back quite a few years. Maybe someone who knows the vans well will chime in here. The other option would be to call Jerry at Camburg and ask him. He is very easy to talk to.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #4

I have had some questions as to why I am selling the suspension and upgrading to 4WD. The only reason is because we use our van as a tow vehicle for our boat, and obviously also use it for launching/retrieving the boat. I operate the boat and my wife operates the tow vehicle. We have always had a 4WD tow vehicle, so now with a 2WD van she is downright terrified to launch/retrieve the boat. After a (long) summer of slipping the rear tires I will not do it again. I tried to teach her to feather the brakes and finesse the go pedal, it just wasn't happening. It was either sell the van, which we just bought, or spend the money to upgrade it to 4WD. The van makes a GREAT tow vehicle for us, no truck or SUV on the market can duplicate it for us, especially after I get it where I want it.

EDIT: Here is a photo of the reason why I am upgrading to 4WD. Boat and my lovely wife standing on the dock.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOT
Thanks Woot......
I think they made small "tweaks" on 08 an up suspension system. But I could be wrong.

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgeek33
I think they made small "tweaks" on 08 an up suspension system. But I could be wrong.
Ask Camburg if it affects the fit of their system? I know at some point you'll run into the bolt pattern going from 8 on 6.5" to 8 on 170mm, which I think can be corrected if you're putting spacers on the rear wheels anyway.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #7

I want to add that the ride of the Camburg system is very good. It is much smoother compared to the stock van suspension even with the stiffer (compared to stock) tires I had on the van with the Camburg system. It soaks up small and large bumps very nicely. My stock van had some tendencies to wander requiring constant steering input especially when pulling our boat. Annoying to say the least. After the Camburg lift was installed the van drove straight as an arrow with and without the boat/trailer. For me it was an improvement in driveability.

The bolt pattern on the Camburg stuff I have for sale is 8 on 6.5, same as the stock 2010 Ford bolt pattern.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #8

Still available.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #9

Hi, wondering if you still have this and the bumper? Thanks!
Jalapeno
jalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #10

It is all still available.