Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 12:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottECarl View Post
So this is yours?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:10 PM   #22

Yes. Call me if you are serious about wanting the perfect van!
760-715-8456
ScottECarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
How the hell could ANYONE fall for this B.S.?
Well, I got burned on an eBay scam trying to buy a video camera for a $1500. But that was back in 2004 and I was just finishing high school—I wasn't hip to all the scams out there yet, and I thought bank wires were secure/refundable. Got sent a prepaid tracking label that never shipped. Getting burned once is pretty much a good lesson for life. Most stuff that seems too good to be true, is a scam.

In 2013, my grandparents got burned with a telephone scam. (Context- They don't have internet or cable TV). I think they lost about $10,000 in two separate $5000 bank wires. The caller said their grandson was in Mexico and in trouble. At the time, I was traveling in Chile—far from Mexico. But emotion, fear, and my grandpa being hard of hearing, they got hooked into the scam. The scammers (pretending to be me, or another grandson) said they couldn't mention this to anybody, or there will be trouble. Had they asked any of my parents, or any objective relative, they would have known it was a scam. Or they wouldn't have tried to contact me. But they didn't. So there went my poor grandparents' money. I think my grandpa still believes it was me on the phone... or isn't totally sure what happened...

So it's good that y'all can identify this as a scam right away, but I'd look out for any older retirees not hip to technology and these kind of scams.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #24

My father unfortunately fell for this scam Same shipping company/seller MeadwayUK and Anthony Houghton). He sent a wire transfer of $8500 and then got an email saying it had been in an accident in MD and was totalled. Someone saying her name was Kristine Toft said they would send him certified check. That was 3 weeks ago. My Dads credit union couldnt help him. I want to know how it was wired to the Citibank in NY (even though the routing # was DE). Dont these pieces of shit have to have an account there to get the money? Their website looked so legit...
Dina31474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina31474 View Post
My father unfortunately fell for this scam Same shipping company/seller MeadwayUK and Anthony Houghton). He sent a wire transfer of $8500 and then got an email saying it had been in an accident in MD and was totalled. Someone saying her name was Kristine Toft said they would send him certified check. That was 3 weeks ago. My Dads credit union couldnt help him. I want to know how it was wired to the Citibank in NY (even though the routing # was DE). Dont these pieces of shit have to have an account there to get the money? Their website looked so legit...
Wow... Sorry to hear this Dina.

I wish you or your father had seen this post prior to getting involved.

I googled the address of the "warehouse" where the vehicles were supposed to be but the map I saw it on showed a vacant building.

I got no clue how they get around all the banking logistics but I know now first hand they are out there, active and successful.

Bahstahds,,,,
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina31474 View Post
Fricken thing is still being advertised... !!

https://rvs.oodle.com/detail/2011-pl...7652-tampa-fl/
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #27

I did the same...after the fact unfortunately
It was odd that when i put in the address on their website a bunch of other companies pop up?
Suite 1, 3rd Floor, 11-12 St. Jamess Square, London
SW1Y 4LB, United Kingdom

But the others are actually St. James Square
Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 PM   #28

Its a shame there isn't a way to have their ip addresses traced? I reported Oodle and MeadwayUk to a link i found on the FBIs site. It would be much easier if they were in the states i suppose?
Did you also send them money or trusted your gut and didnt follow through?
Old 02-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #29

Ohhh no. I fortunately recognized it for what it was, posted here and others felt the same way and I dropped it then.

Because it is still listed for sale, I would think it might help to continue to follow this thing ?

Unfortunately, from my research the ones you wish would, don't try to chase these ghosts.... It's a big world out there.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #30

I saw this one for a 2016 Winnebago View for $24,500:

Hello,

Thank You for your interest in my 2016 Winnebago View 24J Class C that I have for sale. It is in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. This RV is top of the line. Fully Equipped. VIN#WDAPF4CC7F9622564. It has 25 feet, One Owner with 6300 mile and 3.0L-V6 Diesel Engine.No Pets, No smoking,Stored under roof, and Generator ran weekly. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans. The price is firm, $24,500. I am selling it because my husband died a month ago (he suffered a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories, so I want to sell it as soon as possible. My daughter and I decided to sell the house and we moved with my parents in Miami, FL trying to start a new life. Here is a link to the RV's photo gallery: https://www.use.com/OhwL6 . Just let me know if you are interested and where are you located.

P.S. Please contact me only if you have funds available. This is a fast sale! Thanks!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Sharon Robertson
Army Medical Corps Officer

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply. So our current situation is that my daughter and I decided to go for fresh start so we sold the house and moved to my parents in Miami, FL. We are trying to start a new life. For the moment I am in a military base, I work for U.S. Army Medical Department and soon our unit will be sent back oversea to replace and help the troops scheduled to come home. This is the reason why I left the RV stored with all the paperwork at the shipping company (Premium Cargo Advance) in Miami, FL ready to be delivered. I will take care of the shipping. I want to use their escrow and transport services as they offer 100% protection and insurance to both buyers and sellers. I will try to explain you in a few words how it works. The payment must be sent to them and they will offer you a benefit of 5 days inspection period and then I will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the RV and agree to keep it, they will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can physically see the RV before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship it back on my expense. If you are interested, please include in the next email your contact information (Full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.
Thank you!
Army Medical Corps Officer