Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #1

Such a Shame.... Such a beautiful van.

As some of you know, my hunt is on for the perfect van. I thought I'd share the latest proposal I received. It goes in part like this.....

"Hi,
Here is the link to my ad: https://rvs.oodle.com/detail/2011-pl...7652-tampa-fl/

Because of the fact that I am quite busy with my job and unable to travel back to the States, I have decided to hire a company to ship the vehicle and take care of the sale for me. The shipping & payment part of the transaction will be handled by Meadway Shipping UK Ltd .The vehicle is now located in their transit warehouse from Seattle, WA because I had a buyer from there but he canceled the deal due to a decease in the family. They have in their custody both the vehicle and the title signed for release, which had been verified by their inspectors and they already gave the go ahead to begin the transaction.

Regarding the payment, there is a 3 days inspection period available for you once you will receive the vehicle in which you have the possibility to do an inspection to any authorized service of your choice before the company will release any money to me. If you will decide not to keep it for any reason the vehicle will be sent back to me (free of charge for you) and you will get a full refund no questions asked. So basically I only receive the money if you are happy about what you are buying.

Please read their how it works webpage ( Meadway Shipping UK Limited - Courier Services & Delivery Company ) and decide if you agree or not.

To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company's website. Once you are done, I will approve the deal from my account and Meadway will contact you in order to go ahead with the purchase.

P.S. You should know that the vehicle will be shipped anywhere within the States at my expense !

Looking forward to successfully completing this transaction.

For a faster response you can use my work email"

** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #2

Does this sound unusual to you ?
Old 01-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headin' Out View Post

You’re being sarcastic, right? Total scam.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headin' Out View Post
Unusual? Not at all. It's a very typical, nearly verbatim, well used scam.

That said, the van may be real, and someone is just taking advantage of the FS ad. Or, the ad could be from 2 years ago and they're just linking to it.

Herb
Old 01-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #5

Here is the lead-in....

More BS....

"Hi, How are you?
I sincerely apologize for taking so long to respond but I work 16hr shifts and I didn't saw it until now. Thank you for your patience all this while.

You inquired about my motorhome and I hope you are still interested. This beauty is in great condition and extremely clean. It has been recently serviced and it's being sold as described, no mechanical or electrical issues, never abused, non smoker, runs and drives perfect.

You can buy it for the price of $18,300. I work overseas for Perenco on an oil rig and my contract ends in June. Then I have another 2 years agreement starting from July 2019 so the motorhome is no more useful to me.

The location of the motorhome is Seattle, WA, ready to go. I have arranged for the sale of the vehicle before leaving the states so if you want to find out more details about how we can close up this deal, do not hesitate to contact me and I will respond at my earliest convenience.

Thanks,"
Old 01-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
You’re being sarcastic, right? Total scam.
Sorry.... I am. Guilty as charged.
I do have more than my share of wise-a** built into my DNA !
Old 01-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Unusual? Not at all. It's a very typical, nearly verbatim, well used scam.

That said, the van may be real, and someone is just taking advantage of the FS ad. Or, the ad could be from 2 years ago and they're just linking to it.

Herb

I hear ya Herb.... I know a lot of people would rather not give these clowns any airtime, but I am of the mind that they should sometimes be exposed at every turn before someone gets hurt... ($$)
Old 01-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #8

How the hell could ANYONE fall for this B.S.?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #9

I guess we'll see... I sent him a check I love it so much. Sorry if I bought it out from under you.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #10
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Ya, and ad said the vehicle was in Tampa, Fla and posted July 2018....How'd they come up with the story of it being overseas then in Seattle in a transit warehouse??
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote