Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #1

Thoughts?

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but was curious anyone's thoughts on this SMB?
https://sportsmobile.com/inventory/c...350-4x4-95900/

It's at the top end of my budget, but it's low miles.

This would be my first SMB and it's hard to compare the vehicles given the wide variety of engines, floorplans, add-ons and mileage.

Would love to get 5-10 years out of my SMB at a minimum.

For reference, other SMBs in consideration:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ile-23506.html
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ile-23398.html
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...sel-22190.html

tnmarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #2

Garage
It is a nice Rig, and does have very low mileage. have you really assessed what you want in a Van? Once you do, you'll find some configurations may not suit your needs.

How many people? I like the extra seats, but it really limits space/storage and mobility in the van while camping. I think its listed at a premium price simply because of the mileage, but for myself it doesn't have some crucial appointments (espar heater & Solar)...yet they list a couple "upgrades" I would consider changing or omitting - EX: the 110v Water Heater unless you are predominantly staying in campgrounds. I also would never consider a Tracvision A7 In-Motion Satellite Dish (or any other) simply because I prefer to become detached from society when we go out for a romp - I may have a different viewpoint if i were a full-time RVer.
Your other considerations; I like both the first and last links - for what you'd pay upfront you have a lot of finances left to complete any changes you desire, and still have funds left for any future repairs.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #3

Twoxentrix, thanks for the reply and feedback.

The config in the 2016 was less than ideal, but i was being wooed by the low mileage. The number of seats, TV, and satellite dish are less than ideal options.

Really looking for a van that could seat 4 and sleep 4, with plenty of room for gear (been trying to look for EB vs RB). 4x4 capable, not doing crazy 4x4 stuff though.

Fiancee and I currently sleep in an Xterra as our "4x4 camper" but it gets cramped with 2 people and gear.

We arent looking for something to live in, just something to weekend in.

We ourselves on our own research have been leaning towards the first and last vans I linked to. I have reached out to both sellers on Craigslist but have yet to hear back. So keeping options open and staying on the hunt.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #4

That's a nice looking van.
The picky side of me doesn't like the way the CR Lawrence windows on the rear look crooked. Most of them line up with the lower body line evenly.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
Site Team

I love SMBs with 3-4 forward facing captain's seats. The only way to go IMO if you have, or will have kids. The other best option for forward facing seats is a "50" model that has a convertible bench/bed in the back. The downside to that is the rear seat is pretty far back from the front seats.

Herb
Old 03-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #6

With kids- the captains chairs are the only way to go. You can take them out in the meantime for extra open space up front. The 50 layout has the most open space in the living area, but isn't a pass through if you bring long stuff with you. I have kids, so I naturally gravitate to the one with captains chairs. They are hard to find!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
Site Team

Not sure of what you're really looking for as far as an interior goes, but for the price of this one, you could have the pop-top, or fixed high top, of your choice installed and still come out well ahead. With the minimal permanently installed equipment, you have the maximum flexibility and the maximum space if you remove what you don't need at the particular moment.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...mer-21358.html

Herb
Old 03-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #8

The third one you posted is sale pending...just an fyi.
Dbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #9

Is this one too good to be true???
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/r...817989595.html

2003 Ford E350 Sportsmobile EB 128k
Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #10

Its not 4x4 ... hence the lower price.
Dbark is offline   Reply With Quote