Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerm View Post
Yea, I'm impressed by the outreach. I'm trying to get a deal done, but might need to add some financing. Anyone have suggestions? It's 12 years old with 165K miles. Haven't found anyone that will touch it.

My only suggestion would be penfed credit union. They seem to be pretty liberal with what they will lend but I don’t know if they do “rvs” or not. Good luck.

Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #62

Put the remainder on your credit card. Probably the same interest a used RV loan is going to get you. Plus you'll get points!
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #63

Garage
Most dealers won't take a card except for a $1,000 or two. We tried... If you have a credit union and they won't do a vehicle loan on it, try an unsecured line of credit. Our CU doesn't care what you spend the proceeds on. Interest will be a little higher, but probably not too bad.
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #64

We had really good luck with Lightstream for a fast loan on an SMB. Interest rates are about right for an RV, but the loan window is 7 years max.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #65

I'm going to ask this again in case somebody new sees it and can respond. I've located the van I want. No one will put a decent value on it as collateral. Where have you guys financed these used vanes?? Lenders seem to have age and mileage caps and the ones I've talked to will only give the van's value, no value for the buildout. I can go the personal loan route, but the terms suck and I don't think it's worth it. Ideas????
spencerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #66

For the most part, you can't finance much of them. Maybe if you buy from a dealer you can. Most people borrow personal or against a 401k or the like. RV loans are high interest anyway, so the rate is roughly the same. Insurance is tricky too, basically have to beg for a stated value policy.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #67

Check lightstream. Some of my friends got a loan through them for a tiny home. If they'll finance a tiny home, I'm guessing they'll finance a sportsmobile.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
The 2001. - why did they change the upper and not the lower? The C Channel radius arms have risk of cracking.

KTM’s van - I would find a way to make it happen. That rig is really well put together including a generator, solar, electric top, and has the much better riding Agile front end. His price is actually very good. I sold a 1999 V10 SMB with far less equipment for $50k last summer. His van will be a “kicking oneself” for missing it can for someone who is looking for something like his.
Thanks Ray I must have missed this thread before. I pulled my ad from Expedition Portal as I had a few people say they were going to buy it and then completely flake after I scheduled around them. I have sold two other vehicles through that site with great experiences and have kept in touch with the buyers so this surprised me. Just sticking with the official SMB site now and have a few interested parties. Two trying to get financing and one new contact. It is a fantastic van and well cared for. I had a fresh smog check done as well.

Just went to Overland Expo with it and had a blast. I talked to at least 20 folks new to vans and let them hang out for a bit so they could get a feel for the different layouts. Only one couple seemed at all serious about actually wanting a van but nevertheless it was fun meeting so many people interested in learning about vans. Expo itself was bigger than ever and I met up with some old friends and made some new friends. Special thanks for SMB hosting the Village and taco night!
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #69

finances in order and ready to buy. if you are considering selling your van and are in the $50K and under range let me know.
spencerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #70

https://sportsmobile.com/inventory/c...l-4x4/#mainpic

buy that one. Under budget and exactly what you want. Low miles too.