Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2019, 05:03 AM   #1

WANTED: E Series 3 person bench seat

I am looking for an 1997 or newer OEM 3 person bench (does not matter which row) to use as a test platform to make it into a fold down sleeper. I have the hinges already and they are the style that allows the bench seat to be mounted close to the wall and yet fold out to sleep.

Prefer without the integrated shoulder belts since I think the seat frame will be quite different in structure.

Plan is to disassemble the seat enough to see how the hinges can be adapted/located and note what mods are needed to the fabric. If it works, I will put a Kit together with instructions .

I can pickup pretty much anywhere between San Francisco and Long Beach off the 5, 101, or 99.

Free is great but willing to pay a bit to get one that is in really good condition and matches our gray fabric interior.

Thxs!

Old 10-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #2

I have a first row, 3 person, seat out of a 2011 12 passenger van sitting in my garage in Vancouver Wa. I also have the 3rd row, 4 passenger seat but doesn't sound like that will work for your prototyping. Both are gray fabric and in decent shape. Previous owner had several kids so there are some spots on them. I can dig them out and get pics if you're interested.
Oly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:36 AM   #3

Thxs Oly11, much appreciated, I will keep that in mind. Hopefully something pops up between SF and LA
Old 10-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Dang! We’ll be passing through there around the end of the month/begining of November as we make our way down the coast....only problem is how to haul the thing! ....[emoji848]
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #5

I have a 4 person bench with the legs and the bases in Redding CA. About 3hrs north of you. It's out of a 2013 e350
dadvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:36 PM   #6

I have you covered Ray. 2nd row in town. Sending a PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #7

Thxs All! I really hope I can make this work. I have been thinking about it too long. 86scotty made it work with a different set of brackets.

Czar308 - awesome. Thank you, we will connect this weekend or next week.

Dadvan, REF, Oly11 - Thxs!!
Old 10-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #8

Good luck with the project!

Hoping this works out, and that we might see a kit in the future

Old 10-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #9

I have all 3 three seaters and one four seater all in brand new factory condition. I attempted on one to make it a sleeper but the issue is that the bench seat part of it is angled downward towards the back. The front bench part of the base will have to be notched and tilted down because if it slides straight out it will still make you roll towards the back (center) backrest. I am sure it can be work out but you will give up comfort either on the traveling seating end or the sleeping end!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #10

Vanimal - yes, I have given the bench slope /no slope some thought. I am not planning on using the bench legs since I am using it as a gaucho running aft behind the driver’s seat. The bench and back assembly will mount to a new frame or to a platform. I want to work out a solution where the seat retains the slope when a seat and can lay flat when used as a bed. I think there will still need to be a filler for the groove between the seat and the back.

I will find out pretty soon. Hoping to pick up the seat this week that Oly11 has here in SF.

Thanks for the heads up!