Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

Wanted Later Model EB31 (Prefer 4x4) (Changed my Mind)

I have been looking all around for a few months so I thought I would throw it out here as a topic. I have a 1992 4x4 SMB on a RB E-250. I think it is a custom layout. Basically four captains chairs, followed by two cabinets (one with a fridge) and a dinette in the rear, with penthouse. It sleeps four and seats 10. I want to upgrade to something a little newer and larger now that my kids are getting a little older. I will convert the right van if I can find it.

The EB27, if you are not familiar, is essentially the same thing I described, but reversing the dinette and the cabinets, so the extra passengers (dinette) are just behind the captains chairs, with the cabinet/stove, etc. in the rear. Nice thing about this setup is it makes the soccer moms happy.

That said mine is up for sale but I will put it in a separate post soon. I just haven't had time to put together the pictures etc. PM if you are anxious though, it will be around $20k and one of the cheapest 4x4's you will find.

I am in SoCal.

sportclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #2

Re: Wanted Later Model EB27 (Prefer 4x4)

Still looking if anyone has seen or has one of these please let me know.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

All I can say is good luck.

Finding a good, used SMB can be a challenge, let alone looking for a specific floorplan. It can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #4

So, like this?

Good luck man. We looked for about 2 years before finding our 27. They're out there, just be patient.
scottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #5

Thanks for the encouragement. Love the photo of your rig. That is exactly what I am looking for. I. am sure it will happen. I passed up two this fall when I was not ready with the money or the price was to high. We have the funds lined up now to a price point that should work.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #6

Still looking. Patience is lacking.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #7

Re: Wanted Later Model EB31 (Prefer 4x4) (Changed my Mind)

OK after way to much time looking at options. I think I have changed my search from a EB27 to an EB31 floor plan. I have realized that I need to be able to access the fridge without climbing over my sleeping wife or kids in the morning or opening the back door on a cold day. I am always the first one up in the morning when we camp. That and I purchased another 8 passenger SUV so I don't need the van to keep close company when traveling with a larger group.

That said if anyone has something like this they are looking to sell soon or has seen one on the market. Please give me a shout. I have up to about $70,000 to spend if its the right vehicle. In the meantime I am holding onto mine for the moment as I have trips planned already this summer.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #8

A small dometic cooler with your breakfast beer might solve that problem without giving up the floor plan.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #9

Love it. .should have thought of that. Actually the bed fully in the rear can be left made up while traveling. Nice feature too.