Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #1

Which toilet?

Getting close to starting my build. I will have an enclosed shower w/ toilet and need the lightest toilet possible as I cannot lift anything heavy. How heavy is a partially filled Thetford casette? Can the electric Leveo be installed in a wet shower? How many uses can 1 Leveo bag take without being exchanged? Theyre expensive! Other suggestions? Thanks!

rolorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Thanks for posting this. I've never seen the Leveo in action but really like the concept. One guy said you get about 17 flushes per pack but also said sometimes you have to flush it twice to clear the bowl. Some on the boat forums said to use a bit of cat litter to help with liquid end of it. 85 bucks for 3 refills is better than 2 bucks per standard waste bags that I currently carry. I don't mind the price. I'd like to know how the Leveo would stand up to cold temps that might be an issue with a standard PP. I use an outside pop-up enclosure and sometimes in temps around 20 degrees.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #3

Depends which Thetford you’re looking at. The waste part isn’t very heavy itself l, it’s more the liquid inside. Take the amount of gallons the waste tank holds and multiply by 8.3 pounds.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #4

The Thetford Curve holds 4 gallons of clean water and 5 gallons in the waste tank. That’s about 33 pounds of fresh water. The waste tank will be 33 pounds plus whatever the liquid and solids weigh.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #5

Which toilet for full Sprinter bathroom

After speaking to Thetford, I now know a lot more about toilets. For me, it's a weight issue when dumping. I can only lift and pull light objects.

For cassette toilets, they recommend an exterior service door to remove tank w/ waste. It has wheels and a handle which is great. Unfortunately, I dont have a service door.

The porta potti has it's own waste tank and is lighter, especially if I get the small one, but no wheels or handle. The small one is only 12" high so I would have to build some kind of platform to sit it in.

The Leveo with disposable bags still seems the easiest/lightest, but they never got back to me about whether it can be used in a wet shower.

20 decisions made, 480 decisions to go!
Old 08-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #6

Thanks for the cat litter tip. The site says it shouldnt be a problem in cold temp as there's no water. I checked the FAQ sheet and reportedly it's water resistant so I would need to cover it while showering. I'm seriously considering it since it's so easy to dump.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #7

Thanks, too heavy. Im leaning towards the Leveo, which I read is water resistant, and I would cover when showering.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #8

Garage
I use a five gallon bucket and a WAG bag. Bought in bulk, they come out to a buck a bag. For my purposes, it is a perfect setup. And very light.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #9
Site Team

Garage
The only down side to the Laveo is that they state: "The proprietary bagging design seals waste so effectively that no odor will escape for three weeks or more". That's fine but say you use it a few times (less than the 15 or so uses) and have to let it sit longer than a month or so. Fairly expensive to have to pull a 20 dollar cartridge that has only been used 5 times because it might start to smell. I know with the WAG bags adding some cat litter helps a bunch. Perhaps this would as well?

I'd like to hear from others who actually have one before I spend 600 bucks. EDIT seems to get a lot of thumbs down on its operation. Home Depot sells them and the comments are interesting:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Laveo-Dr...1045/205205828

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #10

I've never heard of the Leveo Toilet until now and thought, Oh cool I'm going to see what this is all about. The Youtube video I watched when the guy "flushed" that thing it FREAKED ME RIGHT THE HELL OUT. Wasn't expecting that. Maybe I've had too many unconventional experiences with Mylar in my life.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote