Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #1

WTB 5 Star Tuner

I’ve got an ‘02 V10 and can’t order direct (another benefit of CA livin’). Anyone out there trying to part with one? Thanks in advance.

NomadQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #2

Garage
If you dont receive any responses, I'll volunteer to help out as a middle-man. If you contact 5-Star to purchase a tuner, you can have it sent to my address & I'll gladly forward to you. Just PM me if you decide to explore that option.

I've been very pleased with my 5-Star tune package, but its for a 6.0 diesel.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:42 PM   #3

California livin' is good here.
Ordered tuner and tunes from 5-Star, delivered to Cali, no problem.
Mine is for closed course use only!

Emissions never came up and I didn't bring it up.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #4

Twoxentrix & Youngster, thanks a mill for the alternate routes to get my 5star tune! Love this forum!!!
Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadQ View Post
I’ve got an ‘02 V10 and can’t order direct (another benefit of CA livin’). Anyone out there trying to part with one? Thanks in advance.
Nomad, to be clear, you can't use a used tuner if that is one idea you're thinking of. Tuners are tied to your strategy code (and VIN I'm pretty sure) for your specific vehicle. You have to give them this stuff when you order. You can't just plug in any tuner to any vehicle. If it were that simple they would never have sold but one.

Good luck, I bet with some creativity you can get what you need sent to you in California. If not, move!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Nomad, to be clear, you can't use a used tuner if that is one idea you're thinking of. Tuners are tied to your strategy code (and VIN I'm pretty sure) for your specific vehicle. You have to give them this stuff when you order. You can't just plug in any tuner to any vehicle. If it were that simple they would never have sold but one.

Good luck, I bet with some creativity you can get what you need sent to you in California. If not, move!
Aha..thanks for the clarification. I guess I was hoping they’re reprogrammable. Makes total business sense to make each one dedicated.

And move from CA?!! While I’m still on the younger side of the hill, going to just hold on to this bull ride as long as I can. Lol

Thanks 86Scotty!
Old 02-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #7

I have the same problem. Was thinking I'll have it shipped to a relative in another state. But it is just for my "closed course" vehicle. Hmmm. Thanks for the idea.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #8

Weird. I ordered on to california no problem.

Hmmmmm
Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #9

At checkout they do not have any shipping options for Cali, at least for my zip code. If I input another state and zip code they offer options. Looks like I'll still have to ship elsewhere.

So my question for those of you that have purchased these; SCT X4 or SCT ITSX?

My research seems to lean towards the X4 having less issues since the ITSX is wireless. Which one did you buy and are you happy with your purchase? As I'm putting over 5000 miles on my van before summer is over I'm hoping fuel mileage will increase. Not too concerned with power. More is always better, but compared to my other drivers the 5.4 does just fine.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #10

I have bought several SCT X4's for various vehicles, most vans. It's the best bang for the buck. I don't need a display or wireless, just to load the tune and then leave it alone. I usually then throw the tuner in the glove box and it gets sold with the vehicle. Only once or twice have I ever changed the tune and that was for towing, which I consequentially hated on every vehicle I tried it on. For me, just my opinion, you just need the performance tune for your van.

As for shipping I would just call them. Mike, the owner, often answers the phone himself. Very nice guy. I'm sure he can help you with the shipping problems.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote