Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 03:04 PM   #1

Garage
WTB, E350, V10 gas, 4x4, RB-50

We can't wait anymore, time to do this! We are actively looking to buy.
We live in Salt Lake City and would be willing to travel pretty far to pick up the right rig. Here's what we are looking for-

E350, V10 gas engine, 4x4, RB50 or close interior with penthouse (preferably electric).

We'd prefer a Quadvan 4x4 conversion but that's not firm by any means.
We tend to do a lot of cold weather and backcountry camping so a rig that's got decent insulation for cold (and noise) would be nice. We would prefer propane heating for furnace and other appliances, a built in stove is optional. Those are the basics. We'd be using this a lot in the mountains and deserts way off the beaten path.

Please contact-
Scott and Margaret Madsen, Salt Lake City, Utah. PM me for phone.

Makalu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:52 AM   #2

Garage
Hi Scott - glad to hear you are ready to pull the trigger. We talked at the UFOP Christmas Party last year. Good luck with your search.

Jeff and Cathy
Old 03-31-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

I was wondering why the penthouse. I've had three Sportsmobile's and the first two were penthouse. But, like you, I did a lot of cold weather camping, heck I lived at 11,200 ft . The third one I went with the voyager top. What a great van! It's well insulated and at night camping you don't have canvas sides trying to keep the cold out. I now live in texas not Colorado and because of my business and oppturnity so I'm selling my 2007 van. If you interested let me know. Thanks. Gary
Old 03-31-2016, 09:50 AM   #4

Garage
Thanks Jeff! Of course you know that it's talking with folks like you that gives people like me a bad case of van-envy. We realized time's a wasting. Hopefully we'll see you on the road one of these days!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 AM   #5

Garage
For us the penthouse is about several things. Lower profile (even with things that have got to go on top. I like the visibility out of the penthouse and the light. The extra sleeping space. The ventilation. Etc. Warmth is one thing but we'll also be using it a lot in the desert. This isn't to say that I've not been sorely tempted by a lot of voyager tops (including yours, just looked at your pics!), but I know it's just not for us at this time.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:08 PM   #6

I have not listed my van yet but it may be what you are looking for. 2005 V10 RB SMB Penthouse with 2008 Quadvan conversion. 75k on van with about 35k of that after conversion. ARB front lockers. PM me and I will get pics to you. There are some older pics in my gallery.
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #7

07 4x4 rb50 style

I haven't really considered selling either, but have thought about buying another that's for sure. Depending on price I'd consider selling my 07 V10 113k miles, fox shocks and upgraded springs, Sulastic shackles, is ready to camp in negative temps due to 19k btu furnace, and TONS of insulation, custom window inserts for cold weather (good for hot too). It's a CCV poptop with winter thickness sides, has solar, fridge, swivel passenger, Aluminess all around, Hella 4000's, winch, fantastic fan, 15 gallon fresh water tank gallon grey, limite slip rear end, upgraded trans cooler, the list goes on and on. I'd have no idea what to ask for price though hahah!
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I will be building this out if you can wait, '05 V10 with 80K on the clock. Will be adding CCV mid pop top with insulation, 4X4 and "50" style interior.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #9

Garage
Rick, is the CCV mid-pop top the one that sort of tilts up hinging towards the rear? Does the van meet my other specs?
Old 04-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #10

Rick, I have an 09 Quigley EB / 5.4 / 55k / 15 passenger / RIP upgrade : super clean with no build out started. Plan was to start but I have 2 kids heading to college and need the cash instead. Their education is more important (ouch but true!!) any interest? PM is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
surf92lb is offline   Reply With Quote