Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #1

WTB: Pleasureway Traverse

I think a rig along the lines of the Traverse is what would make me happy for today....

I don't need 4WD and I like the idea of having 2 "living spaces".
Husband and wife team, one hit's the hay early and sleeps late, one likes to stay up late and get up early.

Of course I would love to find what everyone wants: low mileage, well maintained, in my home town on the East Coast. I'm flexible to a point but whatever has been done has to have been done right. I won't make a list of demands, I'd like to hear about them all.

I'd rather have some flex space and have some room to be able to use the van for other stuff too, ie: tools, supplies and dump runs. I also need to be able to tow a 4500 lb travel trailer on occasion as well.

Hook me up with a couple leads will ya ?

Nothing etched in stone at this point, Suggestions are welcomed too.

Maybe a pop-top that was started and not finished ?

Thx

** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #2

What’s your budget? We are happy to give you leads to spend your money, but we need to know how much money we are working with!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
What’s your budget? We are happy to give you leads to spend your money, but we need to know how much money we are working with!
Thanks Gramps, I appreciate it....
I ain't asking you to broker a deal for me, I'm just asking for a few leads and ideas to get me started. Think back when you were first getting into the game....

After that, let me worry about the budget !
Old 01-23-2019, 11:34 AM   #4

If you're looking for a Traverse or any fully built interior, you wont have much space to load up for dump runs unless you don't mind putting "trash" on your seats/bed and rubbing up against cabinets.

Also as far as budget, its good to know your max or what you're willing to spend so people aren't sending you links to vans that are completely out of your price range. Helps narrow down the field a bit.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #5

The last 3-4 I have seen for sale were all in the $25k price range. They were clean and well maintained with 85k miles or so. They also had the 5.4 liter v8 which may or may not work for your towing depending on your definition of "adequate". I will keep my eyes open, haven't seen any for sale this winter yet.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #6

Just kidding. Found this one:

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/rv...795629511.html
Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Caught this one, priced within budget too. Thanks Gramps !
Old 01-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #8

Quote:
The last 3-4 I have seen for sale were all in the $25k price range. They were clean and well maintained with 85k miles or so. They also had the 5.4 liter v8 which may or may not work for your towing depending on your definition of "adequate". I will keep my eyes open, haven't seen any for sale this winter yet.
That's what I have been seeing too.... They don't seem to hang around long either. I've responded to more than a couple ads without an answer...
Pleasure Way does't seem to take all the money as the others, part of the attraction for me as well.

We don't tow the trailer a lot, a few trips here and there. My Tacoma does it OK now.

That's the interest in the van, to fill in on the spur of the moment when you don't want to hitch up.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
If you're looking for a Traverse or any fully built interior, you wont have much space to load up for dump runs unless you don't mind putting "trash" on your seats/bed and rubbing up against cabinets.

Also as far as budget, its good to know your max or what you're willing to spend so people aren't sending you links to vans that are completely out of your price range. Helps narrow down the field a bit.
I hear ya.... I appreciate it your comments.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post

I don't know... there's a pretty good amount of room in the center section of the Travese (any "50" model, really) inside the barn doors. Throw a blue tarp in there to protect the floor and cabinets, sofa, etc., and you are good to go.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote