Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

WTB: Rear Door Pop Out Windows

I have a 2003 E350 recently installed a raised roof and don't want to put in roof vents for my fantastic fan. I'd rather have the rear windows pop out and airflow down a little lower. Having a hard time finding them, anyone help me out?

Thanks.

New Hat:

Old 10-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #2

I found mine by searching a couple of Pick-n-Pull salvage yards. There were actually several windows to choose from and I was doubly lucky as they were having a sale and I got both rear windows for under $50 total.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #3

I have searched the Pick n Pulls far and wide here in BC. Still haven't lucked out quite yet. Did you pull them off the van or did they already have them pulled? I also keep an eye on Craigslist and the like. Still got nothing. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #4

You have to pull them off yourself. Not sure if its the same up there, but in this area Pick-n-Pull is a specific franchise. The bad news is they charge $2.00 just to get into the yard, but they good news is that on their website they list the specific vehicles (year/make/model) they have in the yard, as well as they date they were first brought in. There were probably 8-10 yards in a 100 mile range of me and I focused my search on the ones that had the most old Econolines in the yard (1992 - 1995 if I recall). Good luck with your search.

I did see a set on ebay a while back but they were probably going for $200+ and shipping was going to be $100+.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #5

I posted a how-to tutorial a few years ago about removing and installing them. Search and you'll find it, if you haven't already. Good luck!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:07 PM   #6

Link to BrianW's thread here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...uts-10090.html
Old 10-27-2016, 05:43 AM   #7

Thanks for the link to the uninstall/reinstall. I did reseal my big windows in the back and figured it would be the same type of deal. Just gotta find the windows! Still searching
VanDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #8

Garage
www.car-parts.com

ive had great luck with that parts locator. if you take the time to call the places that don't list prices sometimes you can find screaming deals. my only worry would be shipping glass, but if nothing else, maybe it can help you locate something close that you can go pick up.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #9

Thanks Shenrie I've never heard of that site. Any idea what years and models the pop out rear glass came on? Not turning up for my year or any of the E-series models.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDam View Post
Thanks Sherrie I've never heard of that site. Any idea what years and models the pop out rear glass came on? Not turning up for my year or any of the e-series models.

92-95 and maybe some 96's. most of the rear pop outs can be found on standard conversion vans from that era, mostly e-150s. They're getting harder to find but it's easy to spot one of these vans from afar on a yard with their bold paint, fiberglass tops and stripedy paint jobs.

I don't think there's a category for rear window glass on Car-Part. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I just found the doors section the other day and it tells you some specifics about the doors in the details section (no glass, glass sold, passenger van, etc). The doors are listed each side too, not in pairs so calling seems to be the only way I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote