Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #1

WTB: shocks front and rear for 2wd Ford E350

Looking for a used set of quality shocks for my Ford 2wd non-lifted e350. I know a lot up you have to change out your shocks when doing the 4x4 conversion, so I thought some of you might have a decent set of Bilsteins or other quality shocks. Let me know the brand and price, thanks.

Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

Agile charges something like $120 ea for re-valved Fox shocks that will transform your van's handling. No telling what you might get with a set of used shocks.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #3

Garage
Hey, this week I'm getting my 2WD E-series SMB back from having a lift kit installed, and I've actually got *two different complete sets* of the Bilstein shocks that will be for sale right away.

I originally bought the Bilstein "HD" models for the E-series, and I personally found them immediately to be too firm a ride for my RB E250, so I pulled them out after only 100 miles and replaced them with the "Comfort" version of the same Bilstein shocks. I found those to be perfect for my lightweight rig. Those have perhaps 2 years and 13,000 miles of use on them, and still ride great/look new. (I'm in SoCal, so the van never sees snow or corrosive road salt...and of course sees rain maybe only twice a year.....)

So both will be available for sale immediately!

To reiterate, these 2 individual sets will both be for sale:

* 1 set (4 shocks) Bilstein "HD" model - as close to brand-new as you can get.

* 1 set (4 shocks) Bilstein "Comfort" model - 2 years/13k miles use

PM me if you're interested in working a deal out for either set!
Cheers -
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #4

Aha...you're the one who snagged the used Action Van lift kit on these classifieds that I missed out on! LOL...I'm actually glad you got it as I decided not to lift for now. I plan to save my pennies for a year then drive out to Fletcher NC (my folks retired there) and have Chris do his thing.

Please report on how the ride and handling of the Action lift compares with the stock suspension.

The used comfort Bilstiens are ideal...PM sent.
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #5

PM sent for HD shocks.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:58 PM   #6

Garage
Okay guys --- update:
Wow, fast response for both sets of shocks....looks like both sets are already potentially sold.

1) At the moment, the "Comfort" shocks are spoken-for by Poptopper.

2) I've gotten two PM's for the "HD" shocks, so there's a pecking order for those already, depending on who ends up wanting them once I figure out price/shipping.

First PM - hermosadae
Second PM - c7train

>> hermosadae asked me for part numbers on those HD shocks, and I'll get those for you guys when I go home from work this evening.

*** If either of you two guys can let me know about how you'd want to actually get these in your hands (I'm open to either local pickup or shipping 'em), please clue me in.

Looks like hermosadae is in California (at a bit of distance) while c7train (if hermosdae doesn't end up taking 'em) I see you're in Wyoming...so you'd be looking for some economical shipping, I'm not sure who ships cheapest these days (FedEx vs UPS vs USPS).

Old 11-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #7

Garage
I'll confirm this from the HD shock bodies themselves when I get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure these are the part numbers (I just located these part numbers on the website of eshocks.com , where I originally bought both sets of shocks.)

Bilstein B6 Shocks "HD" for Econoline:
Fronts: 33-187570
Rears: 33-176857

For price reference:
eshocks.com currently has them listed at $89.00 apiece (or $356.00 for a set of 4.) (And that's what I paid when I bought them.)

Old 11-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
I'll confirm this from the HD shock bodies themselves when I get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure these are the part numbers (I just located these part numbers on the website of eshocks.com , where I originally bought both sets of shocks.)

Bilstein B6 Shocks "HD" for Econoline:
Fronts: 33-187570
Rears: 33-176857

For price reference:
eshocks.com currently has them listed at $89.00 apiece (or $356.00 for a set of 4.) (And that's what I paid when I bought them.)

Confirmed --- these are indeed the part numbers for the "HD" shocks I have in-hand. (The part numbers are printed on the shock bodies themselves.)

Looking through the part listings (again on eshocks.com), this set of HD shocks appears to be the correct set for just about every variation of the E-series built between 1992 and 2014, by the way. (Certainly all E-250 and E-350 models.)
Old 11-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #9

Garage
Okay....this is fast-approaching a one-man thread, haha...but here goes my last post until someone else chimes in:

c7train --- the HD shocks are yours if you want them.
(Just now sent you another PM, let me know what you'd like to do.)

hermosadae decided that the HD shocks were likely too firm a shock for his lighter rig, so he's respectfully passed on them.

Please LMK!
Cheers ---
Old 11-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #10

Pm sent for hd.
Surffj62 is offline   Reply With Quote