Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #1

WTB - Sportsmobile - 2WD - EB50/RB50

Hi Guys -
I've owned 3 Sportsmobiles over the years and need another one -

Am looking for a 2wd - Ford chassis - 250 or 350 (preferred) - with a "50" style layout (not required but ideally) - pop top - prefer gas engine (5.4L) and not all that fussy about the rest of the features.

Would prefer low(er) miles - and something in the $30K to $35K range if possible.

Yea - I'm looking for your basic unicorn - but thought I'd give it a try -
Thanks
Dan

dancorcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #2

I have such a unicorn that I will put up for sale in the next month or so if you can wait. A 2006 E250 5.4 EB50 with only 17,000 miles! It really is like new. Here's the link to the classified ad here when I bought it: 2006 Ford E250 Sportsmobile Value? - Sportsmobile Forum

It was ordered with a lot of options (Starcool, generator, heater, fridge, micro, stove, etc) and the van has the optional limited slip axle. I'm the second owner...first was a handicapped individual, and he ordered it without the rear 3 person folding seat/bed gaucho. He was not able to drive it anymore a couple years after delivery and was only used occasionally by his kids.

Since purchase I removed the handicap equipment and installed a reclinable/foldable three person bench seat in the rear and a single captains chair by the side door to accomodate my kids and two friends. These were from a low mileage Ford Windstar van (upholstery matches the van well) and I installed the factory quick release mounting points. You could have SMB install a gaucho if you want to use the rear as a bed. Right now my kids are small enough to use the rear bed without the gaucho extension.

I also upgraded the wheels to OE Ford forged alloys with new tires. The van had the original 2006 dated tires on it when I bought it with lots of tread still!

I will be selling because I just bought another 2006 SMB...a diesel E350 short body which will be better for an offroad rig. I'd want to get $35,000 as a firm price. Located in Loma Linda, CA. PM me if you're interested.
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote