Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #1

WTB: USED SPORTSMOBILE

Wanted: A Sportsmobile that I can use as an everyday vehicle that does not shout out "RV" when parked in a driveway. I will pay up to $40,000 for one with a regular body, low mileage, and in excellent overall condition. It should get at least 14 or 14+ mpg during highway driving that would include mountains. A vehicle that has been garaged or under shelter when not in use would be a big plus. Complete service records would be a big plus as well. In addition to using it as an everyday vehicle, it would be used for weekend type excursions and infrequent cross country travel via RV camps. A/C is a must while in camp during hot weather. Please contact James via message, or at the following phone number, if you have a Sportsmobile for sale that meets, or comes close to meeting the one described above: 42five-3zerosix-8seven74. Thanks.

James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: WTB: USED SPORTSMOBILE

check out sportsmobiles site, they have several listed for sale. also a few posts the last few weeks of ones found by forum members on CL.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #3

If you find one that meets your specifications, you should nickname it "Shangri-La".
Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #4

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11335
Old 12-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #5

Hi folks! Thanks for the replies. I've enjoyed the pictures and comments immensely, especially the one regarding "shangri La"! lol Now that's a good one that still has me laughing and smiling!

I'm 70 and my wife is 72, so a "Shangri La" type Sportsmobile would fit the wife and I perfectly, since most of our trips are to the local supermarket to pick up grocery type items, and the ease of getting in and out of a vehicle for the wife is important to me. She's a little gal and insists that such matters are not important though. On the other hand, we do like to travel and are not strangers to the wild frontier, so to speak, although most of those days have passed us by...most, but maybe not all. Plus, my son and his lady like the outdoor stuff too, and they would, hopefully, be using the vehicle that we get as well. It's just that I don't want the added expense of keeping two vehicles anymore. That said, should we find a vehicle that we could use to get off road, even though we might have to step up a little higher to get inside, or it might be too large for our garage...we can still go that route, since I do not have to get rid of my P/U truck.

REF: I am checking both sites daily, and I am considering some of them as well. One of the ones I'm looking at on Sportsmobile West is the one noted below, but I'm wondering what kind of gas mileage it might get. I need to check that out. I also need to check out the size of the bed in it.

2003 Ford RB E350 V10

Price: $28,500.00

Miles: 40,000
Engine: V10
Seats: 4, Sleeps: 1
Cabinets: Dove Gray
Interior Color:
Interior Height:

JAGE: Thank you for the link.

James
James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #6

You might think hard about that Sleeps:1 note. No upper bed and a very small dinette/bed might not work for many couples.

« Sold!! | Roof rack »