Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #11

Wts Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 rear air bags Ford E350/250 CA

Bump

Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #12

Re: SOLD Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 rear air bags So Cal

Not sure how legit it is to post private dialogue from a Paypal dispute. But here's a link to a detailed series of pictures describing the defects.

https://picasaweb.google.com/reidaveryp ... directlink

How many of you would trust a heavy load to this spring? Does everyone agree this is "great condition no issues"?

Gregg
Attached Thumbnails
cords showing.jpg   threads.jpg  
M500E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
Site Team

Garage

I suggest you deal directly with the seller. Used parts are what they are and even a good looking set in reasonable condition could fail so I wouldn't comment one way or the other.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by M500E
How many of you would trust a heavy load to this spring? Does everyone agree this is "great condition no issues"?

Gregg
The plies do not look compromised to me. Abrasion to the outer layer is just cosmetic.

Having had two of those exact airbags lose pressure (while pulling a 15,000 pound trailer, with 15 people in my van, with 15 mountain bikes on the roof) I can assure you there is zero safety hazards associated with losing pressure. The ride will become very rough if you are fully loaded, but you can still drive safely. Except your headlight aim will be affected slightly.

It sounds to me like you were expecting a "like new" set of airbags, but the ad to me does not look like they were represented that way. If they were damaged during shipping, then file a claim with the shipping company.

Besides, this configuration is not at all suitable for lifting a van 2". They are for leveling only, not primary support. Your frame was not designed to carry all the load in a single point above the frame. Even full air-ride setups don't do this.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M500E
...How many of you would trust a heavy load to this spring? Does everyone agree this is "great condition no issues"?

Gregg
An air bag is not a spring, nor a substitute for a spring.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #16

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

I removed the air bags from the van and everything that came off went back to the owner who was right there. I did not inspect them for condition as it was no concern of mine and I had no idea what would be done with them. They were fully functional and in use before I removed them. There were no "u-bolt saddles" associated with these as there were bosses welded on the axle tube and they are still on it - I do not know who did the original installation. As to the bolts and nuts, all were returned, but I did notice that some were metric and some were not - don't remember exactly what was what.

The wear on the bag was not noticed by me and may have not been noticed by the seller either as they were totally deflated. It looks like the wear is from the small spring that locates the the Parking Brake Cable on all vans.

If the buyer still wants them and the seller is willing, I would think that a reasonable discount for the wear on the rubber could be arrived at. They should still be fully functional.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #17

We came to an agreement. Hopefully this will be sorted soon. Thanks everyone for their input.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #18

Re: Wts Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 rear air bags Ford E350/250

Bump. Still available.