Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #1

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken
Your Resale Value/Purchase Price?

Getting resale value is tough for SMB.
- You can get asking price is craigslist, ebay or Sportsmobile.com's website.
- Ebay selling prices seemed very low compared to asking prices on other sites....some not selling
- Comparable class B campers seem to lose value much faster.

I was able to buy a 1995 Dodge SMB PH #20 with starcool, 4cu ft fridge, furnace 127k miles and generator for $8k. Body fair with minor rust. It was very close to what I wanted in layout and color. I was willing to pay more for a 2000+ model, but not many #20's out there near Chicago.

I understand this issue is a little personal...so thanks!

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #2

Garage
Recent Ebay sale, $22,000

---------------------------------------------
Vehicle Description

Wow! Ultra rare opportunity to own this hard to find cult van camper!

Very cool and versatile! Pampered and loved!

Like a VW Camper van but with more room (widebody) and easily serviced anywhere (including Mexico and Canada)! Also has more engine power, no creeping up hills with this!

Convenience of sleeping 4 adults comfortably, 2 up top in the massive pop up and 2 down, the couches fold down flat to make a queen bed. Lower bed is 70x51 and upper bed is 74x40. Upper bed is easily removed if not needed! Floor to top of pop up is 82 TALL inches and runs the whole lenght, not slanted like a VW!!

Great RV is versatile enough to accommodate the crowd but folds up compactly to easily store in your garage!!!

This SportsMobile is loaded with options and includes all manuals and service records!

I’ll try to cover them all, if you don’t see it email me as I might have missed it!

Dodge 2500 chassis – 19’ 5.2L V8 *Conforms to California emissions! DUAL AIRBAGS!

70 k miles with all service records/receipts and manuals!

Power equipped…windows, door locks, mirrors, cruise control, keyless entry, air conditioning, power outlets, cup holders, fold down armrests, AM/FM CD Stereo, intermittent wipers, & map lights. Limited slip differential for added traction!!

Factory Dodge chrome wheels, Near new Uniroyal tires all around!

This van runs perfectly.

All gauges and accessories are in great working condition, Air conditioning is Ice Cold and heater is HOT!

All service receipts and records provided. It needs NOTHING! Ready to go anywhere! Extremely trustworthy. (I need not elaborate , please check my feedback!)

Camper Luxuries include

Plush form fitting swivel adjustable Captain’s chairs, easy remove carpet kit for extreme camping conditions. (Durable composite, granite look no-lip flooring under carpet mops clean, or unroll formfitting carpet for clean camping conditions!)

Full bench seat in rear folds flat to form a queen bed #1 below, queen bed #2 up top in pop up! 2 Queen beds! Pop is very easy! Unlatch with one hand , it is spring loaded for effortless results! Literally takes 5 seconds up and 5 seconds to put down. No fussing, pushing, prodding!!! Just ease!

The pop up has big windows all around on every panel. You have several choices with them. 1st you can keep the canvas zipped up for total privacy, 2nd you can use the screens, or 3rd you can use the clear windows.

Full kitchen. Sink w/ hot & cold water, 2 burner stove (like new!), refrigerator, composite granite look counter tops. Full lighting package includes readers, spots, and florescent lights throughout.

Dining Table folds easily out of the way when not in use and can serve 4.

Lots of storage throughout including a full wardrobe compartment! Hard to believe the storage room this RV has!

Electric Porta Potti , Wastewater holding tank, 110/125 volt AC 30 amp power, propane tank, wall mounted Suburban thermostat, and day night shades throughout!

The exterior paint is very shiney, bumpers are great with perfect chrome & dent free, No rust, & body is straight except for 2 small dings on this RV. One is on the back right door panel and is about 3 inches long at best. It doesn’t go through the paint but dimples a bit. The second is on the right rear corner above the lights. A small less than 1 inch dimple there and does not mark the paint. Dent busters could easily remove them! One other note, the passenger side graphics have a few tiny missing pieces out of it. The paint and body are fine. None of these items detract from the vehicles well kept like new appearance but are noted to inform you. I have photos of these.

Tires are excellent, maintenance is excellent, freshly detailed so it is squeaky clean and perfect. A COMPARABLE YEAR AND MILEAGE VW RUNS $25,000 to $30,000 and here you have REAL POWER for towing etc!!

No rips, no wear at all on any of the seats, headliner, door panels, dash, counters, walls, etc. are all in excellent condition! Nothing negative to note on the interior!

This vehicle was smoke free and pet free! It smells new. No surprises!

Serious bidders only.

Winning the auction does not buy you the right to decide if you wish to purchase this RV. If you feel uneasy please come and check it out before you bid. I have a 100% feedback rating of which I have sold many items for over $20,000 dollars. Please read my feedback and bid with confidence!

Good Luck!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sep-25-07 at 10:21:22 PDT, seller added the following information:

To address some repetative questions, I hope this helps to clear things up a bit.

Electric Porta Potti-Easy push-button electric flush with a built in splash proof toilet tissue holder. The 585 has a no-splash pour out spout for easy emptying. This toilet has a fresh water storage capacity of 3.2 gallons and a waste water holding capacity of 6.1 gallons. Dimensions: 15-15/16"H x 15-1/8"W x 16-15/16"L.

The SportsMobile measures 17' long from front to back.

The Vin # is 2B6JB21Y51K503090. Please carfax if you wish. Nothing to hide.

Spare tire , in new condition is mounted under carraige, out of the way.

When camping the rv operates on either a landline (plug it in), or auxilary battery to supply lights,power, etc.

There is a privacy curtain that snaps into place to screen off the front window section while camping. The rest of the Rv has night day shades throughout.

There are no issues or anything tweeky with the RV. It is in great condition, well cared for, and all maintanence records and manuals.

Non- smoker non pet! Smells fresh, near new.

If you do not need the upper level bed, you may remove the panels (easy to do) to have catherdral ceilings! It is cool!

RVs & Campers
Type: Motorized Class B Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):
Make: Dodge Slide Outs: --
Model: pop up van camper Fuel Type: Gas
Year: 2001 Leveling Jacks Included?: No
Length (Feet): 19 Water Capacity (Gallons): 6-10
Mileage: 70655 Air Conditioners: 1
Sleeping Capacity: 4 Awnings: --
Title: Clear
Condition: Used

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #3

re sale value

most of us don't care about re-sale value. It is a specialty item, and in my opinion not ever worth selling if purchased new. If money were an object for smb owners, they would be driving a 4x4 truck or 2wd van.

just my 2 cents.
bigvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #4

Uh, aren't you the same guy with the custom 4x4 van for sale in Classifieds?

I'm fascinated by the resale value, first and foremost because I bought used and I'm still trying to convince myself the $$ was right. And while I currently plan to drive my van into the dirt, that's not necessarily so far away, and I probably wouldn't mind having a new one if I had the opportunity.

Of course I'm weird, I used to sit around and read the Auto&Rv for Indiana just for fun.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #5

yes, i do have a van for sale. its not a smb. i would never buy a smb new and sell used.

my van is a show/promotional vehicle.

smb is what i will be buying next year
Old 10-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #6

Garage
Good debate here...

-----------------

Finding resale value is near impossible since only eBay will share selling price. SMB.com preowned has some very high asking prices....and they sell quickly

For my case, 1995 dodge van is worth $1700 per Kellys Blue Book. So what is the SMB conversion worth? for me it was another $6300.

-----------------

SMB are rare because owners like us are not willing to sell and this helps resale considerably. I hope to keep mine for 10 more years...but eventually I'll be reselling mine to buy a new/newer one. With any luck, I'll get a good price for it...

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 AM   #7

i love big shiny objects, i want more of them, the newer and the shinier the better:

photos taken today of another acquired toy,

I call it the mullet mobile