Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #11

Re: Baby Bed

We had something like this for use in our VW Westy (pre-SMB) and trips to Europe when out son was small. Worked really well.

http://m.globalsources.com/gsol/General ... 0000003844

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #12

We were really interested in the old style Phil and Ted's travel crib, much like the bjorn but has a crescent zip on the side- never managed to acquire any however. The newer Phil and Ted's looks like it has feet which seems like it would make a much worse (more annoying) footprint in the van but it's about $100 cheaper.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #13

Both of our kids went on their first camping trip at/around 4 months.

For our son, now two, we had one of those changing table wood tops with the pad. The pad strapped around the wood which kept it in place. We put the arm rests down on the front seat, drivers I think, and then put the changing table on top of the arm rests. He slept like that for two nights.

For our daughter we found a Uppababy(?) bassinet on sale for super cheap at one of the baby stores. Apparently nobody wants bright pink, very bright. She slept in that this last trip.

The bassinet was on the gaucho bed and my wife slept below and my son and I slept above. We have the added flexibility of the pop top.

I did convert the side facing gaucho into a make shift crib though. When you go to make the bed, the back rest flips up and over... At one point it becomes perpendicular to the gaucho seat base. At this point I drilled holes in the moving fame where it crossed, and then put pins in to secure the back rest in the perpendicular position. It works great as a in camp inside the van sleep/play area.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
We were really interested in the old style Phil and Ted's travel crib, much like the bjorn but has a crescent zip on the side- never managed to acquire any however. The newer Phil and Ted's looks like it has feet which seems like it would make a much worse (more annoying) footprint in the van but it's about $100 cheaper.
At first I misread your post and had this pictured in my mind Excellent Adventure crib!
Attached Thumbnails
phil-teds-traveller-banner(copy).jpg  
Old 03-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #15

Garage

^^^ we were doing some work for google this weekend and they had that movie playing on saturday while we were working. hadnt seen it in a looooong time. too funny to see it referenced this morning.

when we first got our van we were trying to knock up the wife. one of the main reasons for going with a ccv top was being able to easily make a kids bed in the area above the cab that smb doesnt utilize. our efforts were futile and we are still kidless, but that space above the cab is very handy and would be perfect (imho) for a youngsters bed. keep in mind i am not a parent, but the space seems like it would work great for that purpose.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #16

We've been using the Guava Travel crib. It's pretty big but fits in our rb50 floor just fine.

Pricey but it works great for us.
Packs up nice and small as well.

http://www.guavafamily.com/products/lot ... d=2131000G

"Gnar-V"
brig is offline   Reply With Quote