Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #41

Or this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COOLER-BUDD...MAAOSwElpas9U2

jmattor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #42
Orv

Garage
Maybe we're all overlooking the real solution - a kegerator installation.
Orv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #43

Simple growler

I use a regular growler wedged tight in the refrigerator. I open it very slowly and let any gas escape.
rob277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orv View Post
Maybe we're all overlooking the real solution - a kegerator installation.

^^^ if I could still drink beer that would be perfect.

reminds me of the girl who lived across the street from me in highschool. she gave me my first ride in a beetlebug. it had a tap installed on the dash and was setup for a ponykeg. was a slick setup, lol.

...and that was great sam c, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:56 AM   #45
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
It finally dawns on me beer in cans that's suspected or known to "explode" when the pop top is released can be tamed simply by rapidly tapping on the top just before pulling the tab. This might be old news but I've not seen it mentioned so far, surprised it didn't come to me when this thread first emerged.

In fact any canned beverage under pressure can be handled the same way, the results are pretty amazing.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #46

wanna make sure I got this right, jwa, before we open our van’s pop top we gotta rapidly tap the top of a shaken up beer or we’ll explode?!
Dang, or did you just say shaken beers exploding into pop tops... hang on, I’m popping another brew before I get further into this...
Ok, so...
Dang it, there’s glass in the cooler again, ‘Granny!?’...

EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #47
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
^^^^ Seems you're already too deep into the cooler!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #48

Bit of a side track but this thread reminds me of climbing trips during the good old days and camping in Red River Gorge, KY (not nearly as popular back then). If you camped at Koomer Ridge CG it became a regular thing for local self proclaimed "deputies" (of what- never clear) showed up with firearms, informing you that emptying your coolers of beer was necessary since it was in a dry county. Never was sure if the firearms were loaded but was that ever a buzzkill.

To avoid those confrontations we began camping on National Forest land instead. The end of that era was much later, camping at my favorite dispersed camping site with my young kids. But crowds rolled in by sundown. at which point the loud music, generators and -final straw- chain saw made it impossible to sleep. Last time there we packed up tents at 10 PM and vacated the area. UGH! I'm glad I had the good fortune of experiencing Red River Gorge before it got loved to death!