Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #61

Re: Broken down in Page AZ

I'm still working on a trip report, but I wanted to give a shout out to a couple of people who really helped us out with our intermittent, then full blown break down near Kayenta, Arizona. If you are in the Monument Valley, Page, or Lake Powell area and need help I strongly recommend Transport Towing, Jimmy specifically, who tows for AAA and is a super guy. AAA was a pain to deal with on the phone, but they really came through for me. Choosing my words carefully when I needed a tow, I asked them not to send a small truck because I had a 'heavy van, a Ford E350'. I didn't say Sportsmobile, RV, or anything that would've thrown a red flag. Jimmy with Transport towing showed up in a new crew cab F550? rollback with about a 25' bed. He even had his wife with him since I think I interrupted their Saturday afternoon plans. We all talked and rode in comfort to Page, about 65 miles away, and they were super people. They told us all about good places to eat, shop, and things to do in Page. He was also nice enough to drop us IN OUR SITE at a close by KOA, even waiting on me to check in and get sorted. This was a Saturday afternoon, with no shop open until Monday morning, so we needed somewhere to stay (preferably where our food, kitchen and beds were) for a couple days. He was very understanding. He said he would tow us on the few miles to the shop on the following Monday morning if needed. We made it though, since the van would run for awhile when fully cool.
Next, Paul at Liberty Auto Service (also AAA approved), took great care of us. I was at his shop before he opened on Monday morning and he understood our troubles. They helped us get a rental car and got right to work, diagnosing our dying fuel pump by the end of the day. By the next afternoon they had dropped the full 45 gallon Aerotank and had us tested out and ready to roll. He also gave me about an $80 discount, AAA discount maybe?, documented on the receipt. Liberty Auto is a great shop with great communication and service. Even the motel and rental car guy we dealt with use them and had nothing but good things to say.

So, sorry for the long post, but remember Paul at Liberty Auto Service and Jimmy with Transport towing if you're ever in trouble in the Page AZ area.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #62

Re: Broken down in Page AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
I'm still working on a trip report, but I wanted to give a shout out to a couple of people who really helped us out with our intermittent, then full blown break down near Kayenta, Arizona. If you are in the Monument Valley, Page, or Lake Powell area and need help I strongly recommend Transport Towing, Jimmy specifically, who tows for AAA and is a super guy. AAA was a pain to deal with on the phone, but they really came through for me. Choosing my words carefully when I needed a tow, I asked them not to send a small truck because I had a 'heavy van, a Ford E350'. I didn't say Sportsmobile, RV, or anything that would've thrown a red flag. Jimmy with Transport towing showed up in a new crew cab F550? rollback with about a 25' bed. He even had his wife with him since I think I interrupted their Saturday afternoon plans. We all talked and rode in comfort to Page, about 65 miles away, and they were super people. They told us all about good places to eat, shop, and things to do in Page. He was also nice enough to drop us IN OUR SITE at a close by KOA, even waiting on me to check in and get sorted. This was a Saturday afternoon, with no shop open until Monday morning, so we needed somewhere to stay (preferably where our food, kitchen and beds were) for a couple days. He was very understanding. He said he would tow us on the few miles to the shop on the following Monday morning if needed. We made it though, since the van would run for awhile when fully cool.
Next, Paul at Liberty Auto Service (also AAA approved), took great care of us. I was at his shop before he opened on Monday morning and he understood our troubles. They helped us get a rental car and got right to work, diagnosing our dying fuel pump by the end of the day. By the next afternoon they had dropped the full 45 gallon Aerotank and had us tested out and ready to roll. He also gave me about an $80 discount, AAA discount maybe?, documented on the receipt. Liberty Auto is a great shop with great communication and service. Even the motel and rental car guy we dealt with use them and had nothing but good things to say.

So, sorry for the long post, but remember Paul at Liberty Auto Service and Jimmy with Transport towing if you're ever in trouble in the Page AZ area.

And that right there is the best part about breaking down on a trip.. finding good people who are happy to help!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote